Old September 23rd 06, 03:34 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.puzzles

Default here's another puzzle

I posted the 3rd sample puzzle from my upcoming book, "Chess Puzzles
for the Casual Player, Volume 1". The puzzle is posted at
http://www.geocities.com/aachess. I welcome any comments about the
puzzle (complementary and critical). The book will available at
http://www.lulu.com/aachess hopefully by the end of September 2006.
The book is 300 pages long and the price for the printed version will
be $16.95.

Kevin Houston
http://www.geocities.com/aachess/
http://www.lulu.com/aachess

"If you see a good move, look again, it may actually be a blunder"

Old September 23rd 06, 03:44 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.puzzles

wrote:

I posted the 3rd sample puzzle from my upcoming book, "Chess
Puzzles for the Casual Player, Volume 1". The puzzle is posted at
http://www.geocities.com/aachess. I welcome any comments about
the puzzle (complementary and critical). The book will available
at http://www.lulu.com/aachess hopefully by the end of September
2006. The book is 300 pages long and the price for the printed
version will be $16.95.

I virtually never buy chess books that use algebraic notation.
It's too hard for me to follow unless the notation is expanded.
Does yours?

Expanded eg:

pd4 pe5
pxpe5 qxpe5

--
Some informative links:
http://www.geocities.com/nnqweb/
http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html

Old September 23rd 06, 04:33 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.puzzles

CBFalconer wrote:
wrote:

I posted the 3rd sample puzzle from my upcoming book, "Chess
Puzzles for the Casual Player, Volume 1". The puzzle is posted at
http://www.geocities.com/aachess. I welcome any comments about
the puzzle (complementary and critical). The book will available
at http://www.lulu.com/aachess hopefully by the end of September
2006. The book is 300 pages long and the price for the printed
version will be $16.95.

I virtually never buy chess books that use algebraic notation.
It's too hard for me to follow unless the notation is expanded.
Does yours?

Expanded eg:

pd4 pe5
pxpe5 qxpe5

--
Some informative links:
http://www.geocities.com/nnqweb/
http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html

My book does not use expanded algebraic notation, instead it uses
abbreviated figurine algebraic notation. I chose figurine notation
since it allows people whose first language is not English to also
follow the moves. Although it is not expanded notation you may still
find it easy to follow since every move is illustrated by a board.
Check out some of the samples and see what you think.

Kevin Houston

Old September 23rd 06, 11:44 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Kevin,
I wish you all the best with your new book. However, this forum is for
computer chess related topics not general interest. Please stop posting
here as those of us who are interested in new books will subscribe to
the appropriate list.
Again, good luck with your book.
Terry O'

Old September 25th 06, 08:20 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Hi Kevin,
Try rec.games.chess.misc and rec.games.chess.analysis. These seems like
the right place, you should get some helpful feedback from there. Also
since your book contains pictures for every move (something I would
have loved when I was getting started) you might consider an
advertisement in the kids version of chess life. I looked there for the
kind of instruction you've shown on your web site. Where were you when
I was rated 1300?
All the best, Terry O'