Old December 16th 03, 05:49 PM
Amos Soma

Default Fritz 8 Question

Is there any way to import a game contained in a PGN file into Fritz 8? I
would like to import games that I play on the Internet Chess Club into Fritz
for analysis.

Amos

Old December 16th 03, 07:16 PM
Thomas T. Veldhouse

Amos Soma wrote:
Is there any way to import a game contained in a PGN file into Fritz
8? I would like to import games that I play on the Internet Chess
Club into Fritz for analysis.

Amos

Create a database and give it a name (ICC comes to mind). Edit-AppendGames
.... choose the PGN format in the type dropdown.

Tom Veldhouse

Old December 16th 03, 07:28 PM
Alexander Fischer

Amos Soma wrote:
Is there any way to import a game contained in a PGN file into Fritz
8? I would like to import games that I play on the Internet Chess
Club into Fritz for analysis.

You can also use the clipboard for this, if it's just for one game: simply
copy the game notation into the clipboard, then press Ctrl-V in Fritz.
Voila.

HTH
Alex

Old December 16th 03, 08:24 PM
Mike Ogush

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 12:49:10 -0500, "Amos Soma"
wrote:

Is there any way to import a game contained in a PGN file into Fritz 8? I
would like to import games that I play on the Internet Chess Club into Fritz
for analysis.

Amos

Put your games into a file with a .pgn suffix in its name. In Fritz,
open a database, when it brings up a dialog box to browse for your
file, select the dabase type as PGN. Then browse to the directory
where your file is slect the file and click the Open button.

Mike Ogush
Old December 17th 03, 01:06 PM
henri Arsenault

Amos Soma wrote:
Is there any way to import a game contained in a PGN file into Fritz
8? I would like to import games that I play on the Internet Chess
Club into Fritz for analysis.

What I do on ICC is email the game to myself from ICC (there is a
command on ICC to do that and I forgot what it is). Then later I just
copy and paste the pgn text from the email into the Fritz board and save
it into whatever database I want. It is fast and easy.

Henri

Old December 17th 03, 02:29 PM
Thomas T. Veldhouse

henri Arsenault wrote:
Amos Soma wrote:
Is there any way to import a game contained in a PGN file into Fritz
8? I would like to import games that I play on the Internet Chess
Club into Fritz for analysis.

What I do on ICC is email the game to myself from ICC (there is a
command on ICC to do that and I forgot what it is). Then later I just
copy and paste the pgn text from the email into the Fritz board and
save it into whatever database I want. It is fast and easy.

Henri

It is easy to just save your current game to PGN or to select a game in
history and save it to PGN. This is especially useful if going through a
potential opponents history. You can save multiple games to the same file
and load them all at once into your favorite PGN tool (i.e. Fritz).

Tom Veldhouse