Old December 17th 03, 11:53 PM
nobody

Default 1280 x 1024 monitor, which software can fill screen?

I have been reading the review sites and FAQs for several computer chess
games, but cannot find any software that will display at a high resolution.
800x600 seems to be everyone's default.

Can anyone point me to a title that has a large board on my monitor?

Old December 18th 03, 08:47 AM
Derek Wildstar

"nobody" wrote in message
news:_%[email protected]_s01...

I have been reading the review sites and FAQs for several computer chess
games, but cannot find any software that will display at a high

resolution.
800x600 seems to be everyone's default.

Can anyone point me to a title that has a large board on my monitor?

So far, most GUI's I've seen scale to desktop resoultion easily and
natively. In fact, Winboard has nearly 2 dozen, maybe more, preset board
sizes, ranging from 'dinky', 'mediocre' and 'colossal'!

Unless you are talking about something else? Even the Chessmaster series
scales and has preset high resolution layouts.

Some of the old Rebels were clunky VGA, but never unplayable...