Old December 19th 03, 05:36 AM
Geoff

Default ChessGenius for Pocket PC?

Does anyone have experience with program ChessGenius for the pocket PC?

Geoff

Old December 19th 03, 06:11 AM
Simon

"Geoff" wrote in message
.net...
Does anyone have experience with program ChessGenius for the pocket PC?

Geoff

Hi Geoff,

I have purchased it, and it is a very strong program. Version 1.5 is the
latest, an allows Hash tables up to 16Mb. It will run on all Pocket PC
devices, 2002, 2003 and previous versions. Display is reasonable, not as
good as Pocket Grandmaster (IMHO). The latest version adds info about the
thinking process, including depth, positional score, moves, nodes per second
etc.

You can try it before purchasing he

http://www.chessgenius.com/pocketpc/index.html

Richard Lang is very approachable, and helpful with queries. The page URL
also lists the major features. It is well worth the price.

I think the only drawback is the lack of tournament level time controls.
(At least I haven't seen them).

All the Best

Simon

PS. If you were looking for a comparison with Pocket Grandmaster, PGM has 3
different engines to use (SOS, Ruffian 1.0.4 and Gromit), and more in the
way of time controls etc. (including tournament levels). Pocket
Chesspartner is the only other one I have, but it has a weaker program than
the other two.