Old December 19th 03, 11:49 PM
John Merlino

Default For Majestic Chess owners -- A chance to play against Karpov!

Greetings,

For all of you who own Majestic Chess, you should go to www.majesticchess.com
and sign up for a chance to play an online blitz game against Anatoly Karpov.
I'm not sure of all the details, since this whole project is being run by some
marketing people who do not work for Fluent Entertainment. So I have no idea how
many people will be selected, when the games will be played, or what the time
control will be.

All I know is that the games will be played on the Majestic Chess server, so you
must own the program (or, I suppose, know somebody who owns the program) to
participate. Just go to the website and click the banner at the top of the page.

Good Luck!

jm
Old December 20th 03, 08:21 PM
Tom

(John Merlino) wrote in message . com...
Greetings,

For all of you who own Majestic Chess, you should go to
www.majesticchess.com
and sign up for a chance to play an online blitz game against Anatoly Karpov.
I'm not sure of all the details, since this whole project is being run by some
marketing people who do not work for Fluent Entertainment. So I have no idea how
many people will be selected, when the games will be played, or what the time
control will be.

All I know is that the games will be played on the Majestic Chess server, so you
must own the program (or, I suppose, know somebody who owns the program) to
participate. Just go to the website and click the banner at the top of the page.

Good Luck!

jm

Might you know what exactly the engine behind Majestic Chess is? All
I can get from google is that it was designed by Dave Kittinger.

And I hate to go OT here, but as I've not been on r.g.c.c. in almost
two years, may I ask if you're still with the CM team at Ubi? Your
presence and support here were always welcome.

-- Tom

p.s. if you are, can you tell me if the engine JdK made for this years
Dutch CCC (still excellent as always, tying for first, though losing
on head-to-head) ever make it into a future CM release?
Old December 21st 03, 05:03 AM
John Merlino

(Tom) wrote in message . com...
[...]

The engine in Majestic Chess is by Dave Kittinger, who wrote a popular
engine called WChess, which was the engine in Sierra's "Power Chess"
series. The Majestic Chess engine is based on that engine, but with
several years of improvements.

I have not been involved with the development of Chessmaster in over a
year, and I joined the Majestic Chess company (called Fluent
Entertainment) a little over 9 months ago. However, I speak (via
e-mail) with Johan regularly, and I have heard that there is a new
Chessmaster in the works, but that it is not scheduled to be released
for at least 8 months. Therefore, I have no idea if the version of The
King that Johan used recently in the Dutch Open is going to be the
same one that is in the next version of Chessmaster.

jm