Old December 29th 03, 11:25 AM
Jean-François GAZET

Default Analyse games

Hi,

I'd like to know what i did wrong in my lost games on FICS.
Does Fritz7 or any other chess game can read a PGN and analyse the white or
black games to say : "here black made a mistake because...".

Thanks.

Old December 29th 03, 12:25 PM
HD

All the Fritz'es and Juniors (6, 7, 8 - Deep versions included), and
Shredders, Hiarcs and Tigers and many more engines running under the CB
GUI will do something like that, when analysing with "full analysis".
But you'll just have to covert the game into cbh-format in order for the
process to work. If you have the one of the programs, thats no problem.

Old December 29th 03, 02:36 PM
Petri

I'd like to know what i did wrong in my lost games on FICS.
Does Fritz7 or any other chess game can read a PGN and analyse the white or
black games to say : "here black made a mistake because...".

Thanks.

With latest Fritz you can analyse your game with different settings.
Also, all Chessmaster versions since 6000 can analyse the whole
game.
Old December 30th 03, 11:03 AM
David Richerby

HD wrote:
All the Fritz'es and Juniors (6, 7, 8 - Deep versions included), and
Shredders, Hiarcs and Tigers and many more engines running under the CB
GUI will do something like that, when analysing with "full analysis".
But you'll just have to covert the game into cbh-format in order for the
process to work. If you have the one of the programs, thats no problem.

There's no need to convert to .cbh -- Chessbase engines can analyse from
PGN just fine but if you want to save graphical annotations, you'll have
to output to .cbh.

Dave.

--
David Richerby Transparent Postman (TM): it's like
www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~davidr/ a man who delivers the mail but you
Old December 30th 03, 01:09 PM
HD

David Richerby skrev:
HD wrote:

All the Fritz'es and Juniors (6, 7, 8 - Deep versions included), and
Shredders, Hiarcs and Tigers and many more engines running under the CB
GUI will do something like that, when analysing with "full analysis".
But you'll just have to covert the game into cbh-format in order for the
process to work. If you have the one of the programs, thats no problem.

There's no need to convert to .cbh -- Chessbase engines can analyse from
PGN just fine but if you want to save graphical annotations, you'll have
to output to .cbh.

Dave.

Right, ok! I didn't know that.

I was merely thinking of getting the full value of the GUI (grafichals
too), database searches and so on. In general I don't see the need for
pgn when operating with games internally with CB-products. It's just a
habbit of mine, always to convert pgn into cbh format for full use, and
back again, if I'm to deliever material to somebody that can't access
the cbh format. And if you can access something else than the
text-format pgn, it generally is a waste of good space not to. IMHO.

HD