Old December 30th 03, 07:32 AM
Death Eater Dan

Default Place to download lots of played chess games?

Someone once posted a place were you could download (maybe I am wrong)
1,500,000 chess games. Anyone know what site that was? Or sites where I can
download tonnes and tonnes of preplayed chess games?

Old December 30th 03, 11:52 AM
HD

Lars Balzer has a great link-site where you probably can get directed to
more than twice the number of games you mention. The quality of the
games may vary (a lot).

http://www.chessgameslinks.lars-balzer.info

Arild Frederiksen runs Chesslib, and says:

I believe our "ECO A00-E99 light" to be the database with highest quality
available

for (free) download. http://www.uib.no/people/pfvaf/chesslib/free.htm

1 500 000 games in Scid-, PGN- and CBH-format.