Old January 3rd 04, 06:53 AM
me

Default How do I stop this kibitz? Hello from Crafty!

I setup an account on ICC to run crafty in simul mode and it works
perfect. However, when there is more than 1 game going crafty will
kibitz "Hello from Crafty 19.7!" every time someone from either game
makes a move. It gets really annoying when there are many games going
on and I'm sure its a waste of bandwidth.

How does one stop this behavior?

thanks!
Old January 3rd 04, 04:52 PM
Robert Hyatt

me wrote:
I setup an account on ICC to run crafty in simul mode and it works
perfect. However, when there is more than 1 game going crafty will
kibitz "Hello from Crafty 19.7!" every time someone from either game
makes a move. It gets really annoying when there are many games going
on and I'm sure its a waste of bandwidth.

How does one stop this behavior?

Make the GUI stop sending a "new" command each time. "new" triggers
that message.

thanks!

--
Robert M. Hyatt, Ph.D. Computer and Information Sciences
University of Alabama at Birmingham
Old January 3rd 04, 05:17 PM
me

On Sat, 3 Jan 2004 16:52:19 +0000 (UTC), Robert Hyatt
wrote:

me wrote:
I setup an account on ICC to run crafty in simul mode and it works
perfect. However, when there is more than 1 game going crafty will
kibitz "Hello from Crafty 19.7!" every time someone from either game
makes a move. It gets really annoying when there are many games going
on and I'm sure its a waste of bandwidth.

How does one stop this behavior?

Make the GUI stop sending a "new" command each time. "new" triggers
that message.

thanks!

thanks for the response. I don't see an option for this in Winboard
however.
Old January 3rd 04, 08:34 PM
Robert Hyatt

wrote:

me wrote:
I setup an account on ICC to run crafty in simul mode and it works
perfect. However, when there is more than 1 game going crafty will
kibitz "Hello from Crafty 19.7!" every time someone from either game
makes a move. It gets really annoying when there are many games going
on and I'm sure its a waste of bandwidth.

How does one stop this behavior?

Make the GUI stop sending a "new" command each time. "new" triggers
that message.

thanks!

thanks for the response. I don't see an option for this in Winboard
however.

How do you play a simul with crafty using winboard? I didn't even
know it would support that properly...

Old January 3rd 04, 08:59 PM
me

wrote:

me wrote:
I setup an account on ICC to run crafty in simul mode and it works
perfect. However, when there is more than 1 game going crafty will
kibitz "Hello from Crafty 19.7!" every time someone from either game
makes a move. It gets really annoying when there are many games going
on and I'm sure its a waste of bandwidth.

How does one stop this behavior?

Make the GUI stop sending a "new" command each time. "new" triggers
that message.

thanks!

thanks for the response. I don't see an option for this in Winboard
however.

How do you play a simul with crafty using winboard? I didn't even
know it would support that properly...

I suppose its the Zippy extension that allows this.
"C:\Program Files\WinBoard\winboard.exe" -zp -ics
-icshost=chessclub.com -fd="c:\program files\crafty" -fcp=crafty.exe
-icshelper=timestamp -zippyGameStart=gamestart -zippyGameEnd=gameend

gamestart and gameend are ICC aliases.

gamestart multi simulize;seek 15 0 r w0
gameend seek 15 0 r w0

Is there a different interface I should use for simul?