Old January 3rd 04, 01:56 PM
Casey

Default Stop saying goodbye/quiting to computer chess

I usually feel so boring when hearing someone saying good bye to
chess. Yes, if anyone wants to quit, please shut up and quit silently.
We are chess developers but not kids. Crying "Good bye" or "I quit"
doesn't mean be polite or provide us any interesting thing. We have so
many works to be done instead of insisting on a defeated one to be
back. He should not worry, some new commers will replate immediately a
quiting people.

Best wishes and good luck to all
Old January 3rd 04, 10:48 PM
oej

rude people have no special license to criticize the manners of others
either.
If a man who says good-bye is your friend, then wish him well. He may
return.
If he is not your friend, say nothing-- or nothing hurtful. Unless you
wish him to stay away.

Old January 4th 04, 03:56 AM
Casey

rude people have no special license to criticize the manners of others

Think again: who is rude and stupid to cry in public?

either.
If a man who says good-bye is your friend, then wish him well. He may
return.

He has many means to say good bye to his friends, i.e., email, or
telephone. If he says nothing in public, he has a much better chance
to be back.

If he is not your friend, say nothing-- or nothing hurtful. Unless you
wish him to stay away.

I have said nothing to all defeated people. I post this topic here
just for someone who wants to leave next.

Good criticizing will help people for better behaviours but not kill
anyone.