Old January 3rd 04, 06:02 PM
me

Default Crafty offering draws in simuls

Crafty 19.7/Winboard 4.3.6 and ICC.

It seems there are times when Crafty will offer everyone he is playing
(I have it set to simulize) a draw, at the same time. He seems to be
offering the draw on his own move and then never moves (waiting for
response to draw offer I presume), thus loses on time (all current
games) or gets the draw...

Here is my crafty.rc:
book off
cache 5M
flag on
hash 100M
hashp 50M
log off
sd=3
st=0.4
sn=10000
resign=0

I've chosen most of those options to weaken crafty so that he is
playing around 2000 ICC strength.

Is there a problem in my .rc file? Also is it possible to tell crafty
to never offer a draw?

-tia
Old January 3rd 04, 08:36 PM
Robert Hyatt

me wrote:
Crafty 19.7/Winboard 4.3.6 and ICC.

It seems there are times when Crafty will offer everyone he is playing
(I have it set to simulize) a draw, at the same time. He seems to be
offering the draw on his own move and then never moves (waiting for
response to draw offer I presume), thus loses on time (all current
games) or gets the draw...

Crafty doesn't "wait" for draw offer responses. It offers the
draw and makes a move. The opponent can accept the draw, decline
it, or make a move which declines it automatically.

I think you are simply playing on unsafe ground as I am not sure
that winboard supports simuls correctly.

--
Robert M. Hyatt, Ph.D. Computer and Information Sciences
University of Alabama at Birmingham