Old January 4th 04, 06:18 PM
Dr. David Kirkby

Default Removing duplicate entries with scid.

Hi,
I've been trying to work out how to remove duplicate entries with
scid 3.5 (not the later beta releases), but it don't seem to follow
any logic to me.

I made a pgn file, by putting two copies of another pgn file in it.
i.e. in UNIX language

% cat foo.pgn foo.pgn foo2.pgn

Now foo2.pgn has twice two identical copies of everying in foo.pgn.

Run scid

File - New (choose a new database name foo2)

Tools - Import file of PGN games.

This now has 48 (an even number as expected).

File - Maintainance - Delete Twin games.

No matter what choices I choose for options (even some that are so
relaxed scid issues a warning about likely to find non-twin games), it
can't find a single twin game. I must be doing something rather silly,
but I can't seem to get the hang of it.

Dr. David Kirkby.