Old November 28th 06, 09:22 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Default Deep Fritz 10 on a single processor machine?

Is it possible to play Deep Fritz 10 on a single processor machine? If so,
it would obviously play at a reduced level. Would that reduced level be the
equivalent of Fritz 10? Maybe Chessbase supplies the single processor
version (Fritz 10) with Deep Fritz, similar to Rybka?? Does anyone know the
definite answers to the above?
I am investigating buying Deep Fritz 10 to play on my AMD 64 X2 system,
but would also like to be able to use the engine on my single processor
laptop as well.
TIA.

--

RocketMan

Old December 9th 06, 04:55 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

RocketMan wrote:
Is it possible to play Deep Fritz 10 on a single processor machine?

Yes.

If so,
it would obviously play at a reduced level. Would that reduced level be the
equivalent of Fritz 10?

Yes, roughly.

Maybe Chessbase supplies the single processor
version (Fritz 10) with Deep Fritz, similar to Rybka??

Not necessary for reasons as above.

Does anyone know the
definite answers to the above?
I am investigating buying Deep Fritz 10 to play on my AMD 64 X2 system,
but would also like to be able to use the engine on my single processor
laptop as well.
TIA.

No guarantees, but this should be the case with all multi processor
programs. Different thing is if you use a precific 64-bit program like
Shredder 64. (If you're interested in Deep Shredder see he
http://www.shredderchess.com/chess-p...er-10-uci.html)