Old November 28th 06, 06:09 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Default Fritz10 print problem

Is anyone else having this problem. I can't print games out using
Fritz10. I can print diagrams. However, when I go to print games, I
get one line in huge letters of the first line of the game score.
Nothing else. I never had a problem with Fritz9. I hope that this
doesn't presage a bunch of bugs!

Old November 28th 06, 08:41 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

"renaissanceman" wrote in message
oups.com...
Is anyone else having this problem. I can't print games out using
Fritz10. I can print diagrams. However, when I go to print games, I
get one line in huge letters of the first line of the game score.
Nothing else. I never had a problem with Fritz9. I hope that this
doesn't presage a bunch of bugs!

Hadn't tried to print game scores until I saw this. For me, F'10
prints the game heading ok but game score is extra large letters/numbers
too. If you aren't getting the game header, perhaps you have things
unchecked under File/Page Setup and the 'Print games' tab?
(But who wants to print anything until this is fixed?)

For a real treat select: File/Print/Print Scoresheet!

Also, I've noticed it sometimes loses the first few moves in
the Notation pane. I've been closing and reopening the pane
to make them 'reappear'.

This kind of stuff should have been caught during testing!

Regards,
John

Old December 5th 06, 11:49 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

"renaissanceman" wrote in message
oups.com...
Is anyone else having this problem. I can't print games out using
Fritz10. I can print diagrams. However, when I go to print games, I
get one line in huge letters of the first line of the game score.
Nothing else. I never had a problem with Fritz9. I hope that this
doesn't presage a bunch of bugs!

In another news message in rec.games.chess.computer, Greenlove
reports:

"There is however already an upgrade for Fritz 10.
Please simply click the link www.fritzserver.org/updates/gui10.msi and
follow the upgrade procedure. This upgrade does not include language
files yet."

I just installed it and it fixes the 'print game' but not the 'print
scoresheet'
problems. Oh well.

If you use the Help/Query Upgrade option, you erroneously get
'Your program is up to date'; i.e. you must click on the link to get
it.

Regards,
John

Old December 7th 06, 08:24 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

The patch fixes the print function. Now, however, the diagrams don't
print. Is it obvious that the folks at Chessbase (who don't seem to
reply to technical inquiries) launched a flawed program to capitalize
on the Xmas trade?

On Dec 5, 6:49 pm, "John Sheatsley" wrote:
"renaissanceman" wrote in ooglegroups.com...

Is anyone else having this problem. I can't print games out using
Fritz10. I can print diagrams. However, when I go to print games, I
get one line in huge letters of the first line of the game score.
Nothing else. I never had a problem with Fritz9. I hope that this
doesn't presage a bunch of bugs!In another news message in rec.games.chess.computer, Greenlove