Old January 5th 04, 09:41 AM
Peter Sch?fer

Default jose 1.2.2

jose 1.2.2 is available for download from:

http://jose-chess.sourceforge.net

existing installations can upgrade via Help/Online Update.

What's new ?
============

This release introduces a bunch of minor improvements:
* new languages: Spanish & Catalan. Thanks to Agustin Gomila, Alex
Coronado and Harold Roig.
* jose can use move announcement sound files from Arena, DGT and
Fritz.
* move input via keyboard: type a move, hit return to execute it.
* Copy & Paste PGN games and FEN strings.
* Copy engine primary variations into the document.
* support for bzip2 compressed files (in addition to zip and gzip).
* 3D view: knights can be rotated to face into another direction.

What's coming up ?
==================

For the next release, I'd like to concentrate on printing and HTML
and/or PDF export.
This is a major thing, so it might take a while.

Ideas for new features are always welcome...

Have Fun, Peter
Old January 5th 04, 03:14 PM
Simon

"Peter Sch?fer" wrote in message
om...
jose 1.2.2 is available for download from:

http://jose-chess.sourceforge.net

What's coming up ?
==================

For the next release, I'd like to concentrate on printing and HTML
and/or PDF export.
This is a major thing, so it might take a while.

Ideas for new features are always welcome...

Have Fun, Peter

Works well Peter, installed in on my RH9.0 box this evening. Fantastic
looking board! Integrated the Deep Sjeng 1.5 for Linux engine as well,
great program!

Regards

Simon

Old January 6th 04, 02:36 AM
Anthony Schleizer

Simon wrote:
"Peter Sch?fer" wrote in message
om...

jose 1.2.2 is available for download from:

http://jose-chess.sourceforge.net

What's coming up ?
==================

For the next release, I'd like to concentrate on printing and HTML
and/or PDF export.
This is a major thing, so it might take a while.

Ideas for new features are always welcome...

Have Fun, Peter

Works well Peter, installed in on my RH9.0 box this evening. Fantastic
looking board! Integrated the Deep Sjeng 1.5 for Linux engine as well,
great program!

Regards

Simon

I installed this on my Mac, but it does not seem to work. The window
just comes up empty. What's going on?

Thanks.

Tony

Old January 6th 04, 08:38 AM
Peter Sch?fer

Anthony Schleizer wrote in message ...
Simon wrote:

I installed this on my Mac, but it does not seem to work. The window
just comes up empty. What's going on?

Sorry, but the MacOSX version has never tested ;-(

Do you have some more information, e.g. a file called "error.log" ?
Old January 6th 04, 10:27 AM
David Richerby

Peter Sch?fer wrote:
Anthony Schleizer wrote:
I installed this on my Mac, but it does not seem to work. The window
just comes up empty. What's going on?

Sorry, but the MacOSX version has never tested ;-(

Whatever happened to `write once run anywhere'? The whole point of Java
is that the same program will work on any machine with a functioning JVM.

Dave.

--
David Richerby Electronic Edible Cheese (TM): it's
www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~davidr/ like a lump of cheese but you can eat

Old January 6th 04, 01:10 PM
Anthony Schleizer

Simon wrote:

I installed this on my Mac, but it does not seem to work. The window
just comes up empty. What's going on?

Sorry, but the MacOSX version has never tested ;-(

Do you have some more information, e.g. a file called "error.log" ?

error.log contains the following line:

missing translation: en, File not found:
/Users/anthonyschleizer/Chess/jose/Mac/Crafty 14.11B.ppc

Also, when I drag the mouse around the screen, some of the GUI seems to
appear, but the entire board and clock don't show up. Same thing happens
when I right click on the screen - a menu will show up but it appears to
be empty and when I drag the mouse around differnt menu items will
appear and disappear.

FYI, I have a 1GHz iMac with 768MB RAM running Mac OSX 10.2.8. I am
running Java 1.4.1.

Regards,

Tony

Old January 6th 04, 07:39 PM
Sidney Cadot

David Richerby wrote:
Peter Sch?fer wrote:

Anthony Schleizer wrote:

I installed this on my Mac, but it does not seem to work. The window
just comes up empty. What's going on?

Sorry, but the MacOSX version has never tested ;-(

Whatever happened to `write once run anywhere'?

It failed bigtime :-)

The whole point of Java is that the same program will work on any
machine with a functioning JVM.

....I guess that's the reason why Java installers tend to come in
per-platform versions, each packing a dedicated JVM.

Best regards, Sidney

Old January 8th 04, 05:13 PM
José de Paula

What's new ?
============

This release introduces a bunch of minor improvements:
* new languages: Spanish & Catalan. Thanks to Agustin Gomila, Alex
Coronado and Harold Roig.

Portuguese?

--
Existem 10 tipos de pessoas: as que sabem binário e as que não sabem.
Old January 9th 04, 09:24 AM
Peter Sch?fer

José de Paula wrote in message uim...
What's new ?

This release introduces a bunch of minor improvements:
* new languages: Spanish & Catalan. Thanks to Agustin Gomila, Alex
Coronado and Harold Roig.

Portuguese?

has already been released with 1.2.0 ;-)