Old January 5th 04, 10:46 PM
Stefek Borkowski

Default Counting games filtered by Fritz Database.

Hi there,
I have a minor problem with my Fritz7 Database (I use Mega2001 or something
with over 1.7 mln games inside). I use a filter to select games of interest
and I get them, that's ok. But how do I count how many result have been just
filtered by the database engine? It's kind of important so that I could
modify search criteria to get a smaller i.e. more precise set of resulting
games.
Thanks for help.
Regards,
Stefek

Old January 6th 04, 01:54 AM
CeeBee

"Stefek Borkowski" wrote in
rec.games.chess.computer:

Hi there,
I have a minor problem with my Fritz7 Database (I use Mega2001 or
something with over 1.7 mln games inside). I use a filter to select
games of interest and I get them, that's ok. But how do I count how
many result have been just filtered by the database engine? It's kind
of important so that I could modify search criteria to get a smaller
i.e. more precise set of resulting games.

You are right. CB8 returns te score, but Fritz is very annoying in this
respect. When selecting you'll notice the total/selected game count in the
lower left corner. As soon as Fritz ends its search, the count disappears
and tells you "done" or other useless notifications. With a keen eye you
can discern the global amount of games, but it's far from optimal.

But there is a weird trick to find out with Fritz, namely the rating
feature. Maybe there's a more sophisticated way I'm unaware of, in that
case others will correct me.

Select all filtered games with CTRL-A. Now you highlighted all the games
you just filtered out.
Go to tools ratings create elo start list

Now a confirmation box will pop up with:

Confirm
? process xxx games

Of course you don't need an elo list, so discard the operation. But now
you know the precise number of your filtered game.

--
CeeBee

"I am not a crook"

Old January 6th 04, 10:56 AM
Stefek Borkowski

CeeBee wrote:
Select all filtered games with CTRL-A. Now you highlighted all the
games you just filtered out.
Go to tools ratings create elo start list

Now a confirmation box will pop up with:

Confirm
? process xxx games

Thanks a lot pal. That is exactely what I needed. The method is weird but
works just fine for me.
Kind regards from Poland and every success in the Year 2004 !!!
Stefek