Old December 1st 06, 02:54 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Default How to get Arena to read Fritz 10 engine

I've somehow gotten Shredder 8 to read correctly in Arena 1.99 3 beta.
It's a miracle...but it's because Shredder 8 has an executable file in
the UCI folder called Shredder8.exe. Don't ask me how I did it because
I'm mystified how I got it too.

In any case...my question is...now that I have Fritz 10...how can I load
this engine into the Arena GUI? I don't understand why the Arena
Winboard/UCI engine setup isn't reading it correctly. Does anybody know
how to tweak it to read Fritz 10? Thanks in advance.

Old December 2nd 06, 04:04 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

I saw somewhere a software conversion for engine types. Try googling it.