Old January 6th 04, 03:02 AM
Mike N.

Default Chessmaster 9000 online

Just bought CM9000 and am trying to check out the ubi.com interface. I keep
getting the error "ubi.com has not yet detected your disconnection. Try
again in a few minutes." I'll wait for 5 minutes, but then every time I try
again, I get the same message.

The ubi.com support site hasn't helped me solve my problem. Any advice?

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Old January 6th 04, 08:27 PM
JRMapes

"Mike N." wrote in
news:[email protected]_s52:

Just bought CM9000 and am trying to check out the ubi.com

interface. I keep
getting the error "ubi.com has not yet detected your

disconnection. Try
again in a few minutes."

Mike,
Join the masses with a growl.
So far the only solution that sometimes works is to
continueously create new accounts till one of them works.

There are no patches, settings, tweaks, etc etc that can be
implemented at this time to make it work as advertised.

Happy Login creation!
JR Mapes
Old January 8th 04, 02:42 AM
Mike N.

I got the following response from technical support. It worked with one of
the logins I created. I still get an error on the second login account, but
I guess I don't need it since I have one that works.

Response (JASON) - 01/07/2004 02:42 PM

I have attached a file to your incident that will remove the registry
entries for the Game Service from your computer. Please download the
"uninstall.reg" file to your desktop and double left click on it. Once this
is completed, please visit
http://gamingzone.ubisoft.com/packages/GameService.exe and download this
file to your desktop. Once you double left click on the "GameService" file
that will be created on your desktop, the game service should work fine.

"JRMapes" wrote in message
. ..
"Mike N." wrote in
news:[email protected]_s52:

Old January 8th 04, 03:25 AM
Jestrada

"Mike N." wrote in message news:[email protected]_s52...
Just bought CM9000 and am trying to check out the ubi.com interface. I keep
getting the error "ubi.com has not yet detected your disconnection. Try
again in a few minutes." I'll wait for 5 minutes, but then every time I try
again, I get the same message.

The ubi.com support site hasn't helped me solve my problem. Any advice?

Mike, I also just purchased CM9000 and had identical error messages
when I tried playing online with ubi.com. From what I hear, the
amount of players online with CM is so minimal it's probably not worth
it. You're better off playing for free at the Free Internet Chess
Server (www.freechess.org), with a free graphical interface like Thief
(www.thief-interface.com) or iNemesis (www.ideabuilders.com/public/ ).

Jestrada
Old February 1st 04, 02:10 PM
Newby65

Chessmaster is notorious for the crappiness of their server. As I recall
they ran into some legal problems a few years ago because of some problems.
Still, a great program for the price.

news:[email protected]_s52...