Old December 2nd 06, 02:03 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Default Where can I get Rebel 12

Hi,

from

http://members.home.nl/matador/chess810.htm

REBEL 12 (version 12.00.02)

approximately 2700 ELO - Size 1.73 Mb

Download REBEL 12

After the download start WINZIP and run INSTALL from the archive, start

the program with REBEL.EXE

REBEL 12 runs on all Windows Platforms except Windows XP.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------*-------------------

1.

the download link has been broken.
any idea?

2.
Rebel did not work on Windows XP with VDMS or DOSBox last year.
Any comments?

I want to test it again.

dajava,

Old December 2nd 06, 02:43 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

The newest version is called Pro deo
http://members.home.nl/matador/prodeo.htm

On 1 Dec 2006 18:03:45 -0800, "dajava" wrote:

Hi,

from

http://members.home.nl/matador/chess810.htm

REBEL 12 (version 12.00.02)

approximately 2700 ELO - Size 1.73 Mb

Download REBEL 12

After the download start WINZIP and run INSTALL from the archive, start

the program with REBEL.EXE

REBEL 12 runs on all Windows Platforms except Windows XP.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------*-------------------

1.

the download link has been broken.
any idea?

2.
Rebel did not work on Windows XP with VDMS or DOSBox last year.
Any comments?

I want to test it again.

dajava,

Chet Marino
Westminster, CO

Old December 5th 06, 04:08 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Chet Marino wrote:
[...]

451 4.4.1 reply: read error from mail.rebel.nl.
... Deferred: Connection reset by mail.rebel.nl.
Message could not be delivered for 5 days
Message will be deleted from queue

What happened to the site?

dajava,

Old December 12th 06, 11:09 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

dajava wrote:

REBEL 12 runs on all Windows Platforms except Windows XP.

I want to know how you go about breaking something in such a way that it
runs on Windows 2000 but not on XP.

Old December 13th 06, 12:41 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

On 1 Dec 2006 18:03:45 -0800, "dajava" wrote:

Hi,

from

http://members.home.nl/matador/chess810.htm

REBEL 12 (version 12.00.02)

approximately 2700 ELO - Size 1.73 Mb

Download REBEL 12

After the download start WINZIP and run INSTALL from the archive, start

the program with REBEL.EXE

REBEL 12 runs on all Windows Platforms except Windows XP.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------*-------------------

1.

the download link has been broken.
any idea?

2.
Rebel did not work on Windows XP with VDMS or DOSBox last year.
Any comments?

I want to test it again.

dajava,

Try this link. The Wayback Machine preserved this file.

http://web.archive.org/web/200308140...77/rebel12.zip

Tony
Old December 17th 06, 01:40 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Tony M wrote:
[...]

Oh, thanks a lot!

I got Microsoft Virtual PC 2004 as a free download.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/vir...loads/sp1.mspx

I installed VPC on this home computer with Windows XP
(pentium 4 - 2.4 with 1024 RAM)

Then, I installed MS-DOS 6.22 within VPC
and finally installed Rebel12 for DOS.

Well, it worked out.

A kind of obsession with Rebel for DOS?

dajava,

Old December 24th 06, 10:24 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

james of tucson wrote:

dajava wrote:

REBEL 12 runs on all Windows Platforms except Windows XP.

I want to know how you go about breaking something in such a way that it
runs on Windows 2000 but not on XP.

Hi,

Do you mean that Rebel 12 for DOS does not run on Windows 2000, either?

dajava,