Old December 2nd 06, 09:32 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Default Fritz 10 - language

From Fritz5, I bought and installed every version, up to Fritz 10. I've
always bought the Dutch version. Frtz 9 was multlingual, the language
to be chosen at the setup. But Fritz 10 doesn't seem to have a language
option. In the options pallette, there is a language tab, but English
is the only choice. Does anyone have a solution?

Old December 2nd 06, 12:00 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

On 2 Dec 2006 01:32:18 -0800, Greenlove wrote:

But Fritz 10 doesn't seem to have a language
option. In the options pallette, there is a language tab, but English
is the only choice. Does anyone have a solution?

I bought the German version of Fritz 10 and can choose between German and
English in the language tab. However, the notation doesn't seem to be
affected by it, just the menus, buttons and help texts. Spoken text also
remains in German, but that was to be expected. In \program
files\chessbase\chessprogram10\messages\ are two folders, "English" and
"Deutsch". They contain a number of string files. I imagine that if you
could get the appropriate folder for another language, Fritz might support
that language.

I wonder if it's a bug that notation stays in German even if I switch to
English. It's not a problem, it's just sometimes easier to just use English
for everything.

M.
Old December 4th 06, 01:44 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Michael Vondung schreef:

I wonder if it's a bug that notation stays in German even if I switch to
English. It's not a problem, it's just sometimes easier to just use English
for everything.

M.

Thanks for your reaction. The program is rather messy in the language
department I think. Indeed, It's easier to use English for everything,
but I like to send Fritz's analysis of the games I played in the club
to my opponents in Dutch. So I think I'll stick to Fritz 9 for now.
Let's hope 11 will be better.

Greetings.

Old December 5th 06, 06:51 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

"Greenlove" wrote in message
oups.com...

Michael Vondung schreef:

I wonder if it's a bug that notation stays in German even if I switch to
English. It's not a problem, it's just sometimes easier to just use
English
for everything.

M.

Thanks for your reaction. The program is rather messy in the language
department I think. Indeed, It's easier to use English for everything,
but I like to send Fritz's analysis of the games I played in the club
to my opponents in Dutch. So I think I'll stick to Fritz 9 for now.
Let's hope 11 will be better.

ChessBase is planning to include Pennsylvania Dutch, Yiddish, and Urdu in
Fritz 11.

Old December 5th 06, 10:05 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

I mailed my problem to chessbase, and they were so kind to answer the
following:

We will offer an online upgrade for Fritz 10 at the playchess.com
server in
a few weeks. I am pretty sure that the Dutch language files will come
with
that first server update.

There is however already an upgrade for Fritz 10.
Please simply click the link www.fritzserver.org/updates/gui10.msi and
follow the upgrade procedure. This upgrade does not include language
files
yet.