Old December 5th 06, 10:13 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.abstract

Default Jetan from Tommy's Toys

Hello!

I have a small problem, and I hope that someone out there can help
me.

I am trying to collect all existing computer versions of jetan
(a chess variant designed by the author Edgar Rice Burroughs), but
in doing so I have come to a dead end. Some ten years ago, a
company called Tommy's Toys developed a jetan game that was released
as shareware. There was a free version which I have managed to find,
but which is limited in its functionality. More specifically, it can
only be played with seven rows, instead of the original ten. That
gives a fast and action-filled game, but not at all the original.

Now, I would not at all mind paying the cost of the full version.
Only, Tommy's Toys does not appear to exist any more. The old web
site and e-mail address connected with that company are defunct. An
auxiliary web site still exists, but has not been updated for years.
And I do not even know this guy Tommy's full name.

So if anyone happens to have the complete version and would like to
share it with me, or knows how I can contact "Tommy," please reply
to me.

Of course, if you have heard about other computer versions of jetan,
I would like to know about them. I already have the Silver Moon
game, the Loadstar game, the two Zillions implementations, and I
know about the java version on chessvariants.org.

Fredrik

PS. My apologies if you receive this twice. I had some trouble with
my server just as I was attempting my first send.