Old January 11th 04, 10:59 AM
David Richerby

Default Man vs Machine classics

Gregory Topov wrote:
I have an annotated version of one of the Deep Blue matches. Is it
appropriate to post such PGN files (text) in newsgroup?

If they're not more than a few hundred lines, yes. Otherwise, it would be
best to put it on a web page.

Dave.

--
David Richerby Portable Adult Priest (TM): it's like
www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~davidr/ a man of the cloth that you won't want
Old January 11th 04, 05:34 PM
Gregory Topov

Check some official commentary at the IBM site:
The 1996 match:
http://www.research.ibm.com/deepblue...html/c.10.html
The 1997 match: http://www.research.ibm.com/deepblue/watch/html/c.html
--
Gregory Topov
"I don't necessarily agree with everything I say." - Marshall McLuhan

"Gregory Topov" wrote in message
m...
I have an annotated version of one of the Deep Blue matches. Is it
appropriate to post such PGN files (text) in newsgroup?

--
Gregory Topov
"I don't necessarily agree with everything I say." - Marshall McLuhan

"Jestrada" wrote in message
om...
(Jestrada) wrote in message

. com...
Are there any important omissions that belong in this list?

1996 Kasparov - Deep Blue (4.0-2.0)
1997 Kasparov - Deep Blue [Rematch] (2.5-3.5)
2002 Kramnik - Deep Fritz (4.0-4.0)
2003 Kasparov - Deep Junior (3.0-3.0)
2003 Kasparov - X3D Fritz (2.0-2.0)

I'm not sure if this deserves to be in the same category as the above:
2002 Larry Christiansen - Chessmaster 9000 (1.5-2.5)
Perhaps there are others that should?

The PGN file I have for Kasparov - X3D Fritz contains annotations. Do
annotated PGN versions of the Kasparov - Deep Blue, Kasparov - Deep
Junior & Kramnik - Deep Fritz games exist? If so, I'd be grateful for
any leads as to where I can get hold of them!

-Jestrada