Old December 13th 06, 05:44 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.misc

Default Load Games by position or opening.

How can I load games by position or by opening at
http://www.chesslive.de/..????

Thanks.
Locksley

Old December 13th 06, 06:16 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.misc

wrote:

How can I load games by position or by opening at
http://www.chesslive.de/..????

Thanks.
Locksley

If you really mean load, when the Java applet board window has finished
using a mouse or other pointing device.

Then, you can click search. If there are any games in the database,
they will load in the window on the right. Left click a game to
highlight it, and use the navigator buttons to play through the game.

AFAIK you can't enter positions at chesslive.de.

If you mean *download* games, you can't do that. ChessBase wants (not
unreasonably) to sell you its database products, and very good they
are, IMO. No, I don't work for ChessBase, nor for a company which sells
its products.

YW
Mark

Old December 13th 06, 07:06 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.misc

Hi Mark:

Thanks.. It worked!!! There are no instructions saying you can do that.
I do this kind of search in Fritz and other databases..... but there it
is clearly indicated as positional search.

Thanks again
Locksley