Old December 19th 06, 02:05 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer

Default Now Beginner Level, plays very tough.

Now on even Beginner Level will give tough competition. So make sure
you play well else you are going to loose.

Bye
Sanny

Old December 19th 06, 08:21 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer

move 7 the prog took 40 seconds
at '10 seconds move'
move 9 it took 32 secs
move 10 it took 40 seconds
move 11 it took 110 seconds,
hung a piece and I hung up

phil

wrote in message
ups.com...

Old December 20th 06, 12:20 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer

Chess One wrote:
move 7 the prog took 40 seconds
at '10 seconds move'
move 9 it took 32 secs
move 10 it took 40 seconds
move 11 it took 110 seconds,
hung a piece and I hung up

phil

Why bother with it ?
--
Dave (from the UK)

It is always of the form:

http://witm.sourceforge.net/ (Web based Mathematica front end)
Old December 20th 06, 05:20 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer

Default What moves were Played?

Chess One wrote:
move 7 the prog took 40 seconds
at '10 seconds move'
move 9 it took 32 secs
move 10 it took 40 seconds
move 11 it took 110 seconds,
hung a piece and I hung up

phil

Could you tell exactly what moves were made as I do not think it will
hung a piece so easily that too in just 11 moves. As it looks each move
in great detail before making it.

One should play recorded games as then you need not rememer the
sequence of moves and I can see what mistake the GetClub.com Program is
making.

Bye
Sanny

Old December 20th 06, 09:05 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer

Default Spam Spam Spam Spam

Spam

Old December 20th 06, 09:09 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer

shutup

Old December 20th 06, 08:45 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer

"Sanny" wrote in message
oups.com...

Chess One wrote:
move 7 the prog took 40 seconds
at '10 seconds move'
move 9 it took 32 secs
move 10 it took 40 seconds
move 11 it took 110 seconds,
hung a piece and I hung up

phil

Could you tell exactly what moves were made as I do not think it will
hung a piece so easily that too in just 11 moves. As it looks each move
in great detail before making it.

There is no means to copy moves from your engine, and it doesn't even show
them. I made moves at 3 second intervals and did not think to record the
moves since that's unusual at these speeds!

But that is not exactly the point, which is that '10 second' chess is a
nonsense when the game shows increasing increments in time per move which
were almost 2 minutes at move 11.

The difference between what you say your engine does, and what it actually
does, seems to escape you. Is there any point in challenging the moves, when
the comment above has to do with the time of the moves? Is that a clever
diversion?

Your engine lost far before move 7. Which is only when I started to count.
Since 10-secs move mean move in 10 seconds or you're out!

It this were an advertisement for business consulting services, doesn't it
have the opposite effect on prospects, that everything that might attract a
prospect by means of this demonstatration is shown to be false advertising?

Phil Innes

Old December 20th 06, 09:24 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer

Default Spam moves were Played?

Sanny wrote:
Chess One wrote:
move 7 the prog took 40 seconds
at '10 seconds move'
move 9 it took 32 secs
move 10 it took 40 seconds
move 11 it took 110 seconds,
hung a piece and I hung up

phil

Could you tell exactly what moves were made as I do not think it will
hung a piece so easily that too in just 11 moves. As it looks each move
in great detail before making it.

One should play recorded games as then you need not rememer the
sequence of moves and I can see what mistake the GetClub.com Program is
making.

Bye
Sanny

What kind of **** program doesn't record the game automatically?

Sanny Spam Once Again....

Old December 21st 06, 12:25 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer

Sanny wrote:
Chess One wrote:
move 7 the prog took 40 seconds
at '10 seconds move'
move 9 it took 32 secs
move 10 it took 40 seconds
move 11 it took 110 seconds,
hung a piece and I hung up

phil

Could you tell exactly what moves were made as I do not think it will
hung a piece so easily that too in just 11 moves. As it looks each move
in great detail before making it.

One should play recorded games as then you need not rememer the
sequence of moves and I can see what mistake the GetClub.com Program is
making.

Bye
Sanny

You assume that Phil wants to be helpful.

Another bad decision in a long string of bad decisions (not even Vonage
can help you now).

But, as long as we are talking about "you should"s. You should fix your
program to actually move in the advertised time. Perhaps then people
like Phil will take the program seriously enough to actually record the
games.

If what you really want is help debugging your program, I'm afraid
you'll first have to pay the going rate for professional consultants. I
understand that Phil is an acknowledged expert in computer science,
philosophy, computer chess, artificial intelligence, and the Andean
Language as spoken today in the Celtic community. That kind of
expertise does not come cheaply.

--
Kenneth Sloan
Birmingham, AL 35294-1170