Old December 20th 06, 04:43 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess

Default Five Questions for 2007 USCF Executive Board Candidates

Dear Executive Board Candidate;

As a candidate for the USCF Executive Board could you please address
the following questions?

1. What is your senior management experience and qualifications to be a
member of an Executive Board for a multimillion-dollar not-for-profit
corporation? What is your current occupation and how does that relate
to your qualifications? Describe your most successful business ventures
and projects. In your view what are the most important qualifications
needed to serve on this corporate board? Consistent with DM01-72 and
DM06-18 will you disclose here any competing interests and felony
convictions? Will you sign the following board member agreement if you
are elected as well as observe the associated principles during this
election? [ http://members.aol.com/wpraeder/agree.htm ]

2. According to the Bylaws of the US Chess Federation the purpose of
the Federation shall be educational and instructional, to broaden and
develop chess as art and recreation, as a significant element of
culture in America. In this regard, has the organization been
successful? Why or why not? How should the organization measure
success? If we succeed at our purpose, how should we look to the
public? What indicators and processes should we use to find out whether
our board is doing its job?

3. To achieve our mission, how must we look to our members? What needs
to be learned from current and potential members in order to better
align the organization with their needs and wishes? How can we help the
membership better understand the value of their contributions? What
would be your approach to help engage and grow the regular USCF
membership?

4. What in your view are the core values of this organization? How
should these values be expressed in how we function? How would you
suggest the USCF demonstrate these values to provide appropriate
leadership in the chess world?

5. What should be most different about the board or how we govern in
five years? To be accountable to our members, how should we govern the
corporation?

Thank you very much for your interest in representing the interests of
the membership. You may wish to publicly post your answers for the
benefit of the USCF membership. I'm sure the membership will find your
your efforts to serve on our behalf.

Regards,
Wayne Praeder