Old December 21st 06, 04:17 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Default Fritz 10 engine in Chessbase 9??

Has anyone managed to get the new Fritz 10 engine to work in Chessbase?
I am unable to select my Deep Fritz 10 engine in Chessbase 9, due to the
engine not showing in the engine list in Chessbase 9. I realize the engine
now resides in the Common Files\Chessbase folder, but seems to be in a new
format - .engine not .eng . I have copied the new engine into the
Chessbase\Engines folder, and renamed the file to .eng, but it obviously is
a completely new format, so doesn't show up in Chessbase.
Any help/advice much appreciated. Maybe I could try contacting Chessbase??

--

RocketMan

Old December 21st 06, 04:48 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

"RocketMan" wrote in rec.games.chess.computer:

Has anyone managed to get the new Fritz 10 engine to work in
Chessbase? I am unable to select my Deep Fritz 10 engine in Chessbase
9, due to the
engine not showing in the engine list in Chessbase 9. I realize the
engine now resides in the Common Files\Chessbase folder, but seems to be
in a new format - .engine not .eng . I have copied the new engine into
the Chessbase\Engines folder, and renamed the file to .eng, but it
obviously is a completely new format, so doesn't show up in Chessbase.
Any help/advice much appreciated. Maybe I could try contacting
Chessbase??

After a normal install of Fritz 10 it pops up in every ChessBase GUI,
including my copy of CB9. Maybe a repair or reinstall might do the trick.
Otherwise check for CB9 updates.

--
CeeBee

*** Democracy is not a spectator sport ***
Old December 21st 06, 08:31 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Thanks CeeBee. I needed to upgrade Chessbase 9. I should have thought of
that myself, but I was in such a hurry to use Deep Fritz that I wasn't
thinkin' proper!
Thanks again.

--

RocketMan
. ..

Old December 27th 06, 01:36 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

[...]

CeeBee is a troll and idiot that doesn't know his head from his ass. Do
yourself a favour and ignore or [PLONK] him. For being one of the DUMBEST
guys around, it amazing how he's usually the first one to make a post.
Unfortunately everything he said in this post is wrong.

I already posted about this in a different thread. Fritz ten simply creates
the ENGINES folder in a different place, ie: c\program files\common
files\chessbase\engines

Copy it and paste it in the OTHER engines folder and away you go!

JMR

Old December 28th 06, 01:37 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Hello,
I am unable to select my Fritz 10 engine in Chessbase 8.
I already copied crafty 20 and fritz 10 engine from common files to the CB8
folder where the other enginges are listened

Dirk

Mijn Postvak In wordt beschermd door SPAMfighter
Download de gratis SPAMfighter vandaag nog!