Old January 9th 04, 12:54 PM
dajava

Default Chessmaster 7000 is only $5?

Hi,

visit here

http://5dollarsoftware.com/ch70.html

Chessmaster 7000 is only $5? What a bargain!

By the way, is there a big difference between 7000 and 9000?

Funny thing about chess master.
It does not support Windows 2000
which my home PC current has.

dajava,
Old January 9th 04, 06:45 PM
Simon

"dajava" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

visit here

http://5dollarsoftware.com/ch70.html

Chessmaster 7000 is only $5? What a bargain!

By the way, is there a big difference between 7000 and 9000?

Funny thing about chess master.
It does not support Windows 2000
which my home PC current has.

dajava,

Great deal.. I always keep a Multiboot PC with a W98SE & and a Linux
partition, for those borderline programs. Not highly specified, but it
works well enough for some of the kids old games etc. $5? Couldn't get a
decent hamburger for that. Wasn't Fritz 5.32 being given away just
recently, breakfast cereal box or something like that...

If you have a large enough drive, and feel confident about doing it, you
could always repartition your drive using Partition Magic. Install a Small
W98 partitiona, and get a boot manager to look after it. Probably too much
hassle though.

Features? Endgame quiz with Larry Evans, new random opponents, blunder
alert feature, improved graphics, custom built windows? Psychology of
competition chess course (Josh Waitzkin) Study opening moves, etc, etc,

Although, if you could do without all these extras, and just want a good
chess game, then go for the 7000 if you can sort your system probs out.

All the best

Simon

Old January 10th 04, 01:01 AM
Jestrada

(dajava) wrote in message . com...
Hi,

visit here

http://5dollarsoftware.com/ch70.html

Chessmaster 7000 is only $5? What a bargain!

Chessmaster 9000 (the latest version) is currently discounted to only
$19.95 at amazon.com right now! That's a bargain, because it still
sells for much higher in other places.
Check here for details:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...l/-/B00006663Z
Old January 10th 04, 03:42 AM
Chris Kantack

In article ,
says...
(dajava) wrote in message . com...
Hi,

visit here

http://5dollarsoftware.com/ch70.html

Chessmaster 7000 is only $5? What a bargain!

Chessmaster 9000 (the latest version) is currently discounted to only
$19.95 at amazon.com right now! That's a bargain, because it still
sells for much higher in other places.
Check here for details:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...l/-/B00006663Z

Wow! That is a good buy on ChessMaster 9000. As far as program strength
goes, (I've been told) that the engine in 9000 is only about 60 Elo points
better than the ChessMaster 6000/7000 engine. But, as we all know, the
9000 version of ChessMaster is officially supported on XP and has a number
of additions and refinements over the earlier versions.

For most people, I say spend the $20 and get 9000 if you're in the market.
But there is certainly nothing wrong with getting a super cheap 6000 or 7000
version of ChessMaster. I keep Windows '98 on my PC mainly because I have
ChessMaster 6000. I love this program!

--
Chris Kantack
http://home.earthlink.net/~kantack/lcdchess/home.htm
Old February 1st 04, 02:04 PM
Newby65

I noticed no diff between 7000 and 8000..well, except on 8000 the "quizzes"
are a little better.

Chessmaster is NOTORIOUS for marketing the same program over and over and
over....with only tiny improvements. $5 is an outstanding steal.