Old December 22nd 06, 11:14 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

Default Why end game not so Well?

GetClub Chess always beat me and my friends in Opening & Middle Games.

Even after Advantages in middle game, When End Game comes it is unable
to play well. Why it is unable to play well in End Game.

When it has extra Rook it is unable to CheckMate.

It keeps on playing Check moves and unable to do the Check Mate. since
all moves looks equal to it.

Any one knows how Check Mate can be taught to computer will be of great
help.

Bye
Sanny

Old December 22nd 06, 11:17 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

Any one knows how Check Mate can be taught to computer will be of great
help.

Also how to fast promote to Queen. It keep giving Checks instead of
Promoting Pawns. Any help with Pawn formation will be helpful.

Bye
Sanny

Old December 22nd 06, 12:20 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

"Sanny" GetClub Chess always beat me and my friends in Opening & Middle
Games.

Hey Sanny, if you could eat my beaver as slowly as your game plays chess, I
would put you in my next Chess Lesbians video.

Old December 23rd 06, 07:21 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

Sanny wrote:

When it has extra Rook it is unable to CheckMate.

It keeps on playing Check moves and unable to do the Check Mate. since
all moves looks equal to it.

Any one knows how Check Mate can be taught to computer will be of great
help.

Sanny, your program is so weak that it doesn't *need*
to know how to do this, because it will never be a Rook
ahead. ;D

Just kidding. The program needs to "know" that in such
a position as this it is "good" to restrict the opponent's
King to fewer and fewer squares; to drive it to any edge
of the board. Once it can do this, the tactical search
ought to be able to stumble across a forced mate, sooner
or later. But beware the stalemate! In a famous game,
GM Sammy Reshevsky was clobbering GM Larry Evans,
but he got careless, and allowed a Houdini-like escape.
Stalemate is when you are *not* in check, but have no
legal move even though it is your turn. This is a draw.

The key here is restriction of enemy pieces, in particular
the King. A chess program normally ought to try to
increase its pieces' mobility, while limiting the mobility
of the enemy.

-- help bot

Old December 23rd 06, 07:26 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

Sanny wrote:
Any one knows how Check Mate can be taught to computer will be of great
help.

Also how to fast promote to Queen. It keep giving Checks instead of
Promoting Pawns. Any help with Pawn formation will be helpful.

Tell the programmers that increasing its material advantage
(i.e. promoting pawns) takes priority over giving attacking
moves (checks), except when they lead to mate. This may
not be ideal, as an attack could lead to a much quicker win
than promoting all eight pawns to Queens, but then, this
would require something the program doesn't have:
position judgment.

-- help bot

Old December 23rd 06, 11:59 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

Why end game not so Well?
Why mid dle game not so Well?
Why open ing game not so Well?

Wlod

Old December 23rd 06, 12:21 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

gmail-Wlod wrote:
Why end game not so Well?
Why mid dle game not so Well?
Why open ing game not so Well?

Sanny already splained this: even when the pro gram outplays
Sanny and his (obviously weak) friends in the begin ning and
mid dle of a game, the program cann ot seem to finish the job,
due to playing ran dom checks and making no progress in the
end game. What pa rt of this ex plan ation do you fail to
unastan?

And why are so many posters here ridiculing the program, when
at Sanny's Web site, there are only a hand full of players who
show up as being rated over 1000 -- the starting point? This
would seem to clearly indi cate that few of the moaner- groa
ners have actually beaten this pr ogram. Look -- in just two or
three days you can play a whole game at GetClub on Easy
level. Why not give it a tr y?

-- help bot

Old December 23rd 06, 02:51 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

"help bot" schreef in bericht
oups.com...

gmail-Wlod wrote:
Why end game not so Well?
Why mid dle game not so Well?
Why open ing game not so Well?

Sanny already splained this: even when the pro gram outplays
Sanny and his (obviously weak) friends in the begin ning and
mid dle of a game, the program cann ot seem to finish the job,
due to playing ran dom checks and making no progress in the
end game. What pa rt of this ex plan ation do you fail to
unastan?

And why are so many posters here ridiculing the program, when
at Sanny's Web site, there are only a hand full of players who
show up as being rated over 1000 -- the starting point? This
would seem to clearly indi cate that few of the moaner- groa
ners have actually beaten this pr ogram. Look -- in just two or
three days you can play a whole game at GetClub on Easy
level. Why not give it a tr y?

It appears the program prefers # in 2 over # in 1, thus checking endlessly.

Old December 23rd 06, 02:53 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

"Sanny" schreef in bericht
ups.com...
GetClub Chess always beat me and my friends in Opening & Middle Games.

Even after Advantages in middle game, When End Game comes it is unable
to play well. Why it is unable to play well in End Game.

When it has extra Rook it is unable to CheckMate.

It keeps on playing Check moves and unable to do the Check Mate. since
all moves looks equal to it.

Any one knows how Check Mate can be taught to computer will be of great
help.

Could it be that your program prefers # in 2 over # in 1, thus checking the
enemy-king endlessly?