Old December 22nd 06, 04:28 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Default Pocket Fritz on HPipaq hx2790

Has anyone tried to install Pocket Frizt on a HP iPAQ hx 2790? I have the
service pack installed.
It does'nt display properly (it installs, but when I have to choose the
language, I get a blank drop down box).
thx

Yves Surmont

Old December 24th 06, 12:40 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Yves Surmont wrote:
Has anyone tried to install Pocket Frizt on a HP iPAQ hx 2790? I have the
service pack installed.
It does'nt display properly (it installs, but when I have to choose the
language, I get a blank drop down box).
thx

Yves Surmont

No, it is okay on my hp 4150.

If you have recently bought it, check out the feature where one is
supposed to be able to search for a position in a game on Chessbases's
online database.

You will find it will not work. Hence you could seek a refund, since one
of the key features no longer works - they screwed up their database/web
server.

This is the email I got from Peter Schreiner at Chessbase about this on
29th August:

-------------Start of email from ChessBase------
From
Peter Schreiner
ChessBase GmbH

Hello,

thanks again for your email.

Thanks a lot. Perhaps they might just act on it.

I find it very odd that changes that stops a useful feature of an

application you sell from working, is not made a high priority.

I informed the developers again. The feature does not have a high
priority, but it should naturally work !

Kind regards
-Peter Schreiner

-----end of email from ChessBase -----

--
Dave (from the UK)

It is always of the form:

http://witm.sourceforge.net/ (Web based Mathematica front end)
Old December 24th 06, 09:44 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Yes I did,
(PocketFritz2 on Hp 2790)
it required a "manual install" to work..
extracting the files, copying to pda, installing from the pda...

M.

Old December 24th 06, 10:00 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

OK, maybe I'll try that.
In the mean time, I found on http://chessexchange.com/forum/ that Chessbas
does support this problem (they seem to send a file which fixes everything).

thx anyway!

--
Ir. Yves Surmont
Erkend energiedeskundige (EAP)

Aenea Consulting
Energie-advies voor particulieren

GSM: 0478/66.78.16
FAX: 070/40.47.37
"Michel Van der Stappen" schreef in bericht

Old December 24th 06, 01:50 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Default Pocket Fritz on HPipaq hx2790: new question: what does the service pack do?

Now that my pocket fritz runs ok, what's the contents of the service pack?

if it's just for specific handheld models - I don't need it.
If it concerns playing strength or some interesting options, then i'd
consider installing it.

anyone knows?