Old January 10th 04, 11:11 AM
Dr. David Kirkby

Default CD-ROM trouble: Installing chess games software on SunPCi card.

I've been trying to install a chess game (Chessmaster 9000) on a Sun
Ultra 80 with a SunPCi II Pro card (733 MHz Celeron) which has Windoze
2000 professional installed. This games software is not officially
supported under Windoze 2000, so I'm perhaps expecting a bit much,
although a previous request on a chess newsgroup about Chessmaster and
Windoze 2000 got a couple of people saying it worked fine and none
saying they had any problems.

The issue I'm getting is that the SunPCi card sees the CD, which then
becomes D:\ but when I try to run the install.exe, it says to insert
the CD, which is a bit silly when I'm running the executable from the
CD.

Has anyone seen anything like this before on EITHER

* Windoze 2000 with Chessmaster 9000 on a conventional PC
* Any software on a SunPCi II pro card.

I found http://www.sun.com/desktop/products/sunpci/cd-rom.pdf but did
not found it solved my problems.

Does anyone know how to find out the version of SunPCi software one is
using? It is possible there are updated versions around, but I don't
know what version I'm running.

David Kirkby