Old December 26th 06, 04:21 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess

Default The USCF must get rid of Goichberg and Erik Anderson

It had better be a lot sooner than a few weeks from now. Nobody on the
board has expressed complete agreement with your handling of this
situation.

At the board meeting on November 17-18, we gave Bill a deadline of
December 31, 2006 at Midnight to come up with an acceptable deal or,
failing that, to entertain bids from other potential sponsors. December
31 is only six days away and this announced deal is clearly not
acceptable.

The clock is ticking Bill. You have had since February. You have only
six more days to come up with an acceptable deal. Otherwise, your flag
falls.

Sam Sloan

Duncan, I appreciate your involvement and your efforts.

However, several of the players have stated that they prefer that there
be no US Championship rather than there be an online US Championship.

Bill's plan has NO SUPPORT from the players. Without the top players,
there can be no meaningful US Championship.

Furthermore, this year is a ZONAL YEAR. The top five this year qualify
for the next stage of the World Championship cycle. We cannot have a
world championship qualification decided by an online knockout
tournament. What if Kamsky and Nakamura get eliminated in an early
round and some patzer qualifies to the World Championship?

Old December 26th 06, 04:31 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess

samsloan wrote:
[...]

Beatriz Marinello tried to get rid of the AF4C contract while she was
president. It's too bad she didn't succeed. She'll help me do it now.
We don't want AF4C and Erik Anderson.