Old January 10th 04, 12:16 PM
Leonardo Ljubicic

Default 2 questions

Can Rebel 12 be made to play under CB GUI and how?
P4 versions of the Crafty; what is the difference, and if this difference
matters on Celeron?
Thanks,

Leonardo

Old January 10th 04, 01:56 PM
Simon

"Leonardo Ljubicic" wrote in message
Can Rebel 12 be made to play under CB GUI and how?
P4 versions of the Crafty; what is the difference, and if this difference
matters on Celeron?
Thanks,

Leonardo

Answer to your first question:

(from the Rebel 12 readme.txt)

Rebel 12 should run smoothly under the latest Chessbase interface

provided the following steps are taken:

.. Copy the installed Rebel 12 directory to the installed

ChessBase directory, usually C:\Program Files\ChessBase\Engines

.. Should the OS be Windows XP, then edit the file WB2UCI.ENG (this

freeware tool is supplied by Odd Gunnar Malin and is not supported

by the author of Rebel) as follows:

Change "TerminateHard = false" to "TerminateHard = true" and save

the file.

.. Start Chessbase (Fritz, Junior, Shredder etc.) and select:

Engine - New UCI engine - Browse - RebelUCI.

That's it! Rebel 12 may now be used in the ChessBase gui.

Simon

Old January 14th 04, 09:44 AM
Leonardo Ljubicic

I did follow your instructions but couldn't get Rebel 12 to play under CB
interface. After browsing to Rebel.exe in "Create UCI engine", the machine
would stop for a minute, the screen woud go blank (??!) etc. Anyway, I was
reffering to free DOS version of Rebel 12?! And in no place (on net and in
accompanying documentation) could not I find a single word reffering to
importing Rebel 12 engine under CB???

Leonardo

u...

Old January 15th 04, 07:51 AM
Simon

"Leonardo Ljubicic" wrote in message
I did follow your instructions but couldn't get Rebel 12 to play under CB
interface. After browsing to Rebel.exe in "Create UCI engine", the machine
would stop for a minute, the screen woud go blank (??!) etc. Anyway, I was
reffering to free DOS version of Rebel 12?! And in no place (on net and in
accompanying documentation) could not I find a single word reffering to
importing Rebel 12 engine under CB???

Sorry, my post refers only to the commercially available Rebel (12.00.01),
not the freeware Rebel 12. I have no information on how that would be
possible, and I'm not sure that it would be possible.

All the best

Old January 15th 04, 12:46 PM
frank

Default For CM8000 downloaders