Old December 27th 06, 06:39 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.analysis
Rob Rob is offline

Default Another Botched Question

Mark Houlsby wrote:
Rob wrote:

Mark Houlsby wrote:
Rob wrote:
snip

Mark,
That is your opinion. I am sorry you feel that way. I do respect your
opinion and your feelings. I believe them to be wrong and I know them
to be wrong in regards to me.

I can clearly demonstrate that the opposite is true. Do you want me to
do that?

Mark,

Whatever floats your boat

It's a question not of what floats my boat, but of whether you are
prepared to display a shred of integity in these groups. So far,
AFAICT, you haven't done that.

Will you do that?

Mark,
:-)
Thats like asking you" Did you beat your wife again last Sunday?"
Either you will or you will not play. I simply wanted to give you a
chance to play chess with others and just maybe get to know them
betters just as you did Mr. Klemm.
I really don't care if you want to play or not. It's probably best you
don't play.
Happy New Year.
Rob

Old December 27th 06, 08:03 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.analysis

Rob wrote:

Mark Houlsby wrote:
Rob wrote:

Mark Houlsby wrote:
Rob wrote:
snip

Mark,
That is your opinion. I am sorry you feel that way. I do respect your
opinion and your feelings. I believe them to be wrong and I know them
to be wrong in regards to me.

I can clearly demonstrate that the opposite is true. Do you want me to
do that?

Mark,

Whatever floats your boat

It's a question not of what floats my boat, but of whether you are
prepared to display a shred of integity in these groups. So far,
AFAICT, you haven't done that.

Will you do that?

Mark,
:-)
Thats like asking you" Did you beat your wife again last Sunday?"

No, it isn't. Your record, thus far, in these groups, has not been
good.

It's not up to me or anyone else to improve your batting average. Only
you can do that.

Either you will or you will not play.

I already told you my intention.

I simply wanted to give you a
chance to play chess with others and just maybe get to know them
betters just as you did Mr. Klemm.

Uh huh. Unlike you, I know them pretty well already. My playing chess
against them would be a waste of *their* time....

I really don't care if you want to play or not. It's probably best you
don't play.

Uh huh.

Happy New Year.

Right back atcha.

Mark

Rob

Old December 27th 06, 08:49 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.analysis
Rob Rob is offline

Mark Houlsby wrote:
Rob wrote:

Mark Houlsby wrote:
Rob wrote:

Mark Houlsby wrote:
Rob wrote:
snip

Mark,
That is your opinion. I am sorry you feel that way. I do respect your
opinion and your feelings. I believe them to be wrong and I know them
to be wrong in regards to me.

I can clearly demonstrate that the opposite is true. Do you want me to
do that?

Mark,

Whatever floats your boat

It's a question not of what floats my boat, but of whether you are
prepared to display a shred of integity in these groups. So far,
AFAICT, you haven't done that.

Will you do that?

Mark,
:-)
Thats like asking you" Did you beat your wife again last Sunday?"

Sure, you are right, you are always right.

No, it isn't. Your record, thus far, in these groups, has not been
good.

Sure, you are always right.

It's not up to me or anyone else to improve your batting average. Only
you can do that.

Then stop implying that you are going to prove something or disprove
something. If you are right, prove it.

Either you will or you will not play.

I already told you my intention.

Ditto.

I simply wanted to give you a
chance to play chess with others and just maybe get to know them
betters just as you did Mr. Klemm.

Uh huh. Unlike you, I know them pretty well already. My playing chess
against them would be a waste of *their* time....

Okay, so you know everyone in the group on a personal basis and choose
to judge them based upon that while you,yourself admitted that your
dealings with Mr. Klemm were unlike anything he was accused of in ths
group. And playing chess with you would not be a waste of time if it
was an enjoyable experience, IMO. I would give someone else their own
opportunity to judge their interactions with you over a chess board was
a waste of their time or not.

I really don't care if you want to play or not. It's probably best you
don't play.

Uh huh.

At least we agree on this point. :-)
Happy New Year.

Right back atcha.

Thanks!
See you really aren't the grinch you try to come accross as being in
your posts. You really are a nice ,kind fellow!
Rob
Mark

Rob

Old December 27th 06, 09:25 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.analysis

Default Rob isn't a real person

Rob wrote:
Mark Houlsby wrote:
Rob wrote:

Mark Houlsby wrote:
Rob wrote:

Mark Houlsby wrote:
Rob wrote:
[...]

I doubt that you exist. I'm sure you're Wayne Praeder or George John.
Why do you pretend to be real?

Old December 27th 06, 09:48 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.analysis

samsloan wrote:

Rob wrote:
Mark Houlsby wrote:
Rob wrote:

Mark Houlsby wrote:
Rob wrote:

Mark Houlsby wrote:
Rob wrote:
[...]

Not a chance, Sam. Mr. Praeder and Mr. John are *way* smarter than Rob.

Mark Houlsby

Old December 27th 06, 10:06 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.analysis
Rob Rob is offline

Default Ho Hum

Mark Houlsby wrote:
samsloan wrote:

Rob wrote:
Mark Houlsby wrote:
Rob wrote:

Mark Houlsby wrote:
Rob wrote:

Mark Houlsby wrote:
Rob wrote:
snip

Mark,
That is your opinion. I am sorry you feel that way. I do respect your
opinion and your feelings. I believe them to be wrong and I know them
to be wrong in regards to me.

I can clearly demonstrate that the opposite is true. Do you want me to
do that?

Mark,
Didn't you claim that you wouldn't improve my batting average?

[...]

I think I hear the Dragnet theme music playing,Mark..."Dumb, da
Dumb,Dumb Da Dumb, da Dumb" Opps sorry, that was an accidental comment
on you commentary thus far. :-)
[...]

Probably so Mark. So nice of you to notice . You should start a fishing
show 'cause your trolling technique is flawless.

Happy Holidays!

Rob
Mark Houlsby

Old December 27th 06, 10:52 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.analysis

Rob wrote:

Mark Houlsby wrote:
samsloan wrote:

Rob wrote:
Mark Houlsby wrote:
Rob wrote:

Mark Houlsby wrote:
Rob wrote:

Mark Houlsby wrote:
Rob wrote:
snip

Mark,
That is your opinion. I am sorry you feel that way. I do respect your
opinion and your feelings. I believe them to be wrong and I know them
to be wrong in regards to me.

I can clearly demonstrate that the opposite is true. Do you want me to
do that?

Mark,
Didn't you claim that you wouldn't improve my batting average?

Correct. I didn't claim that, or anything like that.

snip

I think I hear the Dragnet theme music playing,Mark..."Dumb, da
Dumb,Dumb Da Dumb, da Dumb" Opps sorry, that was an accidental comment
on you commentary thus far. :-)

ok....

[...]

I defer to you on trolling technique, for sure.

Mark

Old December 28th 06, 12:51 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.analysis
Rob Rob is offline

Default Ho Hum to: "?"

Mark,
This is what YOU wrote:

I can clearly demonstrate that the opposite is true. Do you want me to
do that?
Question Mark..... (oh, I made a funny!)
What did that refer to and why were you making an offer?

Then YOU said this Mark:
It's a question not of what floats my boat, but of whether you are
prepared to display a shred of integity in these groups. So far,
AFAICT, you haven't done that.

That is your OPINION Mark and has no basis in fact. It mearly
continuesyour pattern of attacking and trolling people. A simple google
search of your name provides abple evidence of this.
Then YOU said, Mark:
No, it isn't. Your record, thus far, in these groups, has not been
good.

It's not up to me or anyone else to improve your batting average. Only
you can do that.
Here you backstep because there isn't any evidence to back up your
claim. All you have is conjecture and opinion. Just remember that when
you stand in a glass house you should not throw stones.

Merry Christmas, "?" Question Mark! LOL

Rob

Old December 28th 06, 11:12 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.analysis

Rob wrote:

Mark,

Then YOU said, Mark:
No, it isn't. Your record, thus far, in these groups, has not been
good.

It's not up to me or anyone else to improve your batting average. Only
you can do that.
Here you backstep because there isn't any evidence to back up your
claim. All you have is conjecture and opinion. Just remember that when
you stand in a glass house you should not throw stones.

Merry Christmas, "?" Question Mark! LOL

Rob

Uh huh. Join the dots. Figure out the implications of the post to which
this is a reply.

Mark

Old December 28th 06, 12:25 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.analysis
Rob Rob is offline

Mark Houlsby wrote:
Rob wrote:

Mark,

Then YOU said, Mark:
No, it isn't. Your record, thus far, in these groups, has not been
good.

It's not up to me or anyone else to improve your batting average. Only
you can do that.
Here you backstep because there isn't any evidence to back up your
claim. All you have is conjecture and opinion. Just remember that when
you stand in a glass house you should not throw stones.

Merry Christmas, "?" Question Mark! LOL

Rob

Uh huh. Join the dots. Figure out the implications of the post to which
this is a reply.

Mark

Dear "?",

Prove what you infer is true.