Old December 30th 06, 06:06 AM
Junior Member

Default Fritz 8 training video problem

I bought a used Fritz 8 program on e-bay. It has a Kasparov training cd as part of the Fritz 8 Champion Edition package. The Fritz program works great for me, but when I use the training cd it will not show me the board. All I see is the video of the person doing the training. I have seen Chessbase training cd's before and the board was always on one side of the screen. Has anyone else had this problem or know of a fix?
Old December 30th 06, 12:48 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

"Earl" schreef in bericht

I bought a used Fritz 8 program on e-bay. It has a Kasparov training cd
as part of the Fritz 8 Champion Edition package. The Fritz program
works great for me, but when I use the training cd it will not show me
the board. All I see is the video of the person doing the training. I
have seen Chessbase training cd's before and the board was always on one
side of the screen. Has anyone else had this problem or know of a fix?

Maybe a stupid question, but did you open it in Fritz8, that is to say::: in
the F8-database-system?
(you should enter the trainings to media files in Chessbase-documents, and
then open the files inside the database with the same name).

If you have a used version, you may not have the instructions-book with it,
that's why I ask.

Old December 30th 06, 09:29 PM
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruud
Maybe a stupid question, but did you open it in Fritz8, that is to say::: in
the F8-database-system?
(you should enter the trainings to media files in Chessbase-documents, and
then open the files inside the database with the same name).

If you have a used version, you may not have the instructions-book with it,
that's why I ask.
You are right! Thanks for the info Ruud