Old January 13th 04, 08:12 PM
Mike Williams

Default Chessmaster Lockup

I recently bought Chessmaster 9000 and it plays very well. However, I =
have come across a problem whereby when playing against a computer =
opponent the computer opponent occasionally "locks up" and refuses to =
make its next move. When this happens the "Actions / Wake Up" and the =
"Actions / Force Move" menus have no effect at all and the only way I =
can get the computer to carry on (discovered purely by accident) is to =
use the "Actions / Pause" menu and then when it is paused I click the =
button to resume play. This problem occurs mostly when my young grandson =
is playing (who often uses the Actions / Take Back Move Menu!).

Anyone else know of this problem, and perhaps a cure for it?

Mike

Old January 13th 04, 09:23 PM
Simon

"Mike Williams" wrote in message

I recently bought Chessmaster 9000 and it plays very well. However, I have
come across a problem whereby when playing against a computer opponent the
computer opponent occasionally "locks up" and refuses to make its next move.
When this happens the "Actions / Wake Up" and the "Actions / Force Move"
menus have no effect at all and the only way I can get the computer to carry
on (discovered purely by accident) is to use the "Actions / Pause" menu and
then when it is paused I click the button to resume play. This problem
occurs mostly when my young grandson is playing (who often uses the Actions
/ Take Back Move Menu!).

Anyone else know of this problem, and perhaps a cure for it?

Mike

Hi Mike,

Have you loaded the latest patch?

Old January 13th 04, 10:07 PM
Mike Williams

"Simon" wrote in message =
u...

Hi Mike,
Have you loaded the latest patch?

Yes. In fact I am beginning to think it might be the patch that caused =
the problem :-(

Tomorrow I'll uninstall and reinstall (without the patch) and see if the =
problem still exists.

Mike

Old January 16th 04, 08:39 PM
Mike Williams

"Mike Williams" wrote in message =

Yes. In fact I am beginning to think it might be the patch
that caused the problem :-(
Tomorrow I'll uninstall and reinstall (without the patch) and
see if the problem still exists.

Looks like it was the patch! I've done a fresh install (without =
installing the patch) and the problem seems to have gone away.

Mike