Old January 14th 04, 08:08 PM
Patrick Torre

Default Pocket Fritz opening book format

I am interested in writing an opening book editor for Pocket Fritz so
that I can use it to practice openings more easily.

I do own a copy of Shredder Classic and have used it to export opening
books to Pocket Fritz, but I would like something that is
self-contained on my PocketPC and that is a little more specific to my
needs.

Has anyone worked out the structure of the 'book.pbk' file? Has it
been published anywhere?

Thanks,
~Patrick
Old January 15th 04, 12:39 PM
frank

Default Patch ChessMaster King

CeeBee wrote in message .6.83...
(Patrick Torre) wrote in rec.games.chess.computer:

ccctournament
http://amateurschach.de
phrocrew my nu zite
ladiest
probivnoi

Old January 15th 04, 04:19 PM
Parley Kennelly

Default OT: Pocket Fritz opening book format

Patrick,

I see that you are using pocket Fritz. Is it possible to play head to head
with another player over bluetooth? I know I can use it to play over the
internet but if it could be configured to play directly over bluetooth then
it would way better.

TIA
Parley

m...

Old January 16th 04, 06:32 PM
Patrick Torre

Parley,
As far as I know, you can only play against the included Shredder
engine. There are three modes of play in the options: play against
the computer, enter moves, and analyse.

You can search the Playchess online database if you are connected to
the internet (even if connected through active sync), but that is the
only internet feature.

~Patrick