Old January 2nd 07, 10:02 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Default E-Mail Chess using PC and MAC Platforms

I know I asked this question not too long ago, but I seem to have
missed the answer; the problem was something to do with my
subscription: for some reason, the messages were not being posted.

In any event, my brother and I are avid chess players; the problem is
that we live quite a distance apart; the other problem is that while I
use the PC platform (Windows XP), he uses the MAC platform (always has,
always will -- he hates the PC platform, although I have never even
seen a MAC, much less use one).

Does anyone know of a site that hosts a software program that will load
for both platforms, one that will enable us to share the game?
Specifically, I am looking for a program, should one exist, that, when
one e-mails 'moves' to another, the appropriate changes will be
reflected on the board that is on the screen.

If there should be anyone who is able to help, please e-mail me. I will
certainly appreciate it. We are the only members in our family who
actually play the game, and, to speak frankly, there is no game to
match the skill required to master chess!

Thanks,

Mark

Old January 2nd 07, 07:13 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

mea305 wrote:
I know I asked this question not too long ago, but I seem to have
missed the answer; the problem was something to do with my
subscription: for some reason, the messages were not being posted.

In any event, my brother and I are avid chess players; the problem is
that we live quite a distance apart; the other problem is that while I
use the PC platform (Windows XP), he uses the MAC platform (always has,
always will -- he hates the PC platform, although I have never even
seen a MAC, much less use one).

mac users are part of a religious cult. no amount of common sense
will sway them.

www.chessworld.net

Old June 3rd 07, 06:40 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

mea305 a écrit :
If there should be anyone who is able to help, please e-mail me. I will
certainly appreciate it. We are the only members in our family who
actually play the game, and, to speak frankly, there is no game to
match the skill required to master chess!

I suggest you both open an account on http://gameknot.com. You can play
a number of games for free. No need for a program and it works from
both PC's and Mac's.

If you want a chess program to train before challenging your brother,
try belofte on:
macchess.internetcontact.be

Available in both PC and Mac versions (and Linux, and Solaris, and ... a
lot more)