Old January 15th 04, 03:54 AM
Stevek

Default chess diagramming tool

My daughter is going to start a news letter for her school chess team. Does
anyone know of an easy way to make chess diagrams (such as puzzles) that can
be displayed in Word or Publisher (or any other publishing software).

We have Chessbase and Fritz. Can these be used.

Old January 15th 04, 05:48 AM
Noah Roberts

Stevek wrote:
My daughter is going to start a news letter for her school chess team. Does
anyone know of an easy way to make chess diagrams (such as puzzles) that can
be displayed in Word or Publisher (or any other publishing software).

We have Chessbase and Fritz. Can these be used.

Well, I would think you could set up the position and use windows
screenshot capabilities to edit out the board. Alt-PrntScrn copies the
currently selected window into the clipboard, open paint or word and
paste this into it. Edit as you desire.

NR

Old January 15th 04, 08:23 AM
Jean-François GAZET

My daughter is going to start a news letter for her school chess team.
Does
anyone know of an easy way to make chess diagrams (such as puzzles) that

can
be displayed in Word or Publisher (or any other publishing software).
We have Chessbase and Fritz. Can these be used.

Here is a tool :
http://wjchess.jeffprod.com/fen2png.php?setlang=en

Old January 15th 04, 01:05 PM
Christian

Hello,

on ChessCafé, you have a column by Mig Greengard about with Fritz and
ChessBase: http://www.chesscafe.com/archives/ar....htm#ChessBase
The first (may 2003) is about "Publishing with Fritz and Friends"

Christian

. ..
:

Old January 15th 04, 04:10 PM
mafergut

"Stevek" escribió en el mensaje
. ..
My daughter is going to start a news letter for her school chess team.

Does
anyone know of an easy way to make chess diagrams (such as puzzles) that

can
be displayed in Word or Publisher (or any other publishing software).

We have Chessbase and Fritz. Can these be used.

This link has a fantastic compilation of free resources and tools for chess
publishing:
http://www.enpassant.dk/chess/diaeng.htm

Personally I use FEN2DIAG and some true type chess fonts. All of this you
can find in the above link.
Hope this helps.

Regards,
mafergut

Old January 15th 04, 05:29 PM
CeeBee

http://www.rebel.nl/epd2diag.htm

--
CeeBee

"I am not a crook"

Old January 16th 04, 11:46 PM
Reinhard Scharnagl

See also: FullChess FEN-Editor and Position Generator
(Fischer Random Chess / Chess960)

http://www.rescon.de/Compu/fullchess7_e.html

(version 1.3.5, german / english)

This chess game utility permits an editing of chess positions,
particularly for Fischer Random Chess and its castling rules,
but of course for the normal game of chess too. Every square can
be marked. FRC start positions can be generated directly or by
number. Edited positions can be copied as FEN-string or HTML-snippet
e.g. into suitable newsgroups, a HTML preview is supported.
Any position graphic can be saved as PNG or BMP file.
The user interface understands German or English language.

Reinhard

Old January 17th 04, 04:36 AM
dajava

"Christian" wrote in message ...
Hello,

on ChessCafé, you have a column by Mig Greengard about with Fritz and
ChessBase: http://www.chesscafe.com/archives/ar....htm#ChessBase
The first (may 2003) is about "Publishing with Fritz and Friends"

Christian

direct link is
http://www.chesscafe.com/text/mig01.pdf

Old January 27th 04, 05:02 PM
Mike Leahy

"Stevek" wrote in message
. ..
My daughter is going to start a news letter for her school chess team.

Does
anyone know of an easy way to make chess diagrams (such as puzzles) that

can
be displayed in Word or Publisher (or any other publishing software).

We have Chessbase and Fritz. Can these be used.

The easiest solution might be the free Bookup 2000 Lite download.

Once installed, play to the position or set the board up manually.

Choose Edit|Copy Diagram

Switch to your daughter's copy of Word or Publisher.

Choose Edit|Paste and change the font for the pasted paragraph to a chess
diagram font.

Bookup comes with a diagram font (Chess Merida) which is installed along
with the
program. The default setting is "Merida with a single boarder and algebraic
hints on
the edges." Other diagram fonts can be used by choosing Edit|Preferences...
and
clicking the Export tab.

http://www.bookup.com/bookupliteintro.htm

Mike Leahy
"The Database Man!"

Old January 28th 04, 02:58 PM
Cesar A. K. Grossmann

Mike Leahy wrote:

The easiest solution might be the free Bookup 2000 Lite download.

Is there a way to add signs to the diagramm? Dots, Crosses, "X"? And
what about generating a illegal position (like only one Knight on board,
no Kings, and with dots in the board indicating where the knight can
"jump")?

[]s
--
Cesar A. K. Grossmann