Old January 4th 07, 10:54 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess

Default Dirty stuff from Nolan, Vaughn and Brock

They're trying to invalidate my election petition by forcing me to show
the names of the people who signed my petition. That's dirty tactic
from them. Why should I tell them who signed my petition? It's none of
their business.

Old January 4th 07, 10:55 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess

samsloan wrote:
They're trying to invalidate my election petition by forcing me to show
the names of the people who signed my petition. That's dirty tactic
from them. Why should I tell them who signed my petition? It's none of
their business.

Sam Sloan

Yes. It is a matter of record and any USCF member has a right to see
it.

If they want to see it, all the have to do is get on a bus, travel to
Crossville Tennessee, go to the office and the office staff will be
happy to show it to them, although they will not be allowed to copy it.

However, telling the signer that his signature will be published in
Chess Life Magazine or on a website will frighten away some signers.
The only purpose of including that sentence in the petition is to
frighten and scare away supporters of a certain candidate.

Old January 4th 07, 10:58 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess

samsloan wrote:
samsloan wrote:
[...]

Dirty trick from Mike Nolan:

While I will agree that signing someone's petition is NOT an
endorsement of that person, I think it is clear under Illinois law that
election nomination petitions are important corporate governance
records, which ANY USCF MEMBER is entitled to inspect.

I've talked to a number of people who have run for elected offices
(including two members of the USCF Election Committee--Harry Sabine and
Woody Harris), and in EVERY CASE they have said that their nomination
petitions were a matter of public record.

I've run for public office in Nebraska (for school board and also as a
delegate to my political party's county convention), and although
neither nomination petition required any signatures other than my own,
as I recall the forms indicated that the information I was providing
was a matter of public record.

Mike Nolan

Old January 4th 07, 11:43 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess

Default Dirty stuff from Nolan, Owens, Vaughn and Brock

samsloan wrote:
samsloan wrote:
samsloan wrote:
[...]

More dirty tactic by Steve Owens.

Sam Sloan often tries to make an issue of a non-issue. So it is here.
Signing a petition is tantamount to vouching for the petitioner to
other members that the petitioner is worthy of the office they wish to
hold in the opinion of the signer. How does one vouch for another in
secret?

In complaining about the public nature of a public process, jonnybear
is relying on a Sam Sloan tactic of using non-facts to erect a straw
man and knock it down. There is no issue. Petitions are public records.
The objection of jonnybear's is absurd.

I think it is hilarious that Sam Sloan, the person who makes every
tidbit he can find about anyone public, is trying to keep facts
relating to him private.
Steve OWENS in Tennessee
Just a USCF Member
It is time to GROSS