Old January 6th 07, 10:58 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Default I have been suspended from posting to uschess.org/forums

I have been suspended from posting to uschess.org/forums

Mike Nolan has sent me notification that I have been suspended for one
week from posting to the USCF Forums.

This in itself is not surprising. Susan Polgar and Paul Truong have
been demanding for the longest time that I be banned from posting to
the forums. Also, Joel Channing has been bombastically demanding that
the moderator and the board adopt guidelines under which a poster can
be banned. It has been obvious from the beginning that Joel Channing
has been pressing for this so that I would be banned from posting.

There is, however, a legal question as to whether a certified candidate
for election can be banned or suspended from the forums.

Another issue is the demand by Joel Channing that the USCF take out
Internet Insurance. Channing has implied that the USCF needs Internet
Insurance to protect the USCF in case I file a lawsuit. However, there
is a darker motivation. Channing is in the habit of filing lawsuits for
libel any time anybody says anything bad about Channing. Channing is
the only USCF member who has displayed a tendency to file this sort of
suit. Therefore, it seems apparent that the real purpose to this
Internet insurance is that if anybody says anything bad about Channing
on the USCF Forums, Channing will be able to sue the USCF and collect
on this insurance.

I was the only board member who voted against this paying for this type
of Insurance.

The fact that I have been suspended is not surprising.

What is surprising is the reason: Mike Nolan wrote that he suspended me
because I had posted confidential information on the forums on January
2. In addition, the suspension was for one week because this was my
second violation, the first being back in June, 2006 when I solicited
for funds to addend the FIDE Congress in Turin, Italy. These were
violations of Acceptable Usage Guidelines adopted on January 3, 2007,
according to Mike Nolan. So, the new guidelines were applied
retroactively.

The confidential information I supposedly posted was not information at
all but was actually a question I asked of Sevan Muradian, who was
soliciting funds to send a womans chess team to a new competition in
Ekaterinburg, Russia. It seems to be lost on Mike Nolan that actually
Sevan Muradian was soliciting funds and yet he was not suspended. Also,
Susan Polgar yesterday solicited funds in another matter, and she was
not suspended either.

Old January 6th 07, 11:05 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

samsloan wrote:
I have been suspended from posting to uschess.org/forums

The fact that I have been suspended is not surprising.

Sam Sloan

Well, duh.

Old January 6th 07, 01:45 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Matt Nemmers wrote:

samsloan wrote:
I have been suspended from posting to uschess.org/forums

The fact that I have been suspended is not surprising.

Sam Sloan

Well, duh.

Nice one, Matt :-)

Regards
Mark

Old January 6th 07, 03:10 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

"samsloan" writes:

I was the only board member who voted against this paying for this type
of Insurance.

The Minutes of the August Board Meeting show that the motion to buy
Internet Liability Insurance passed 7-0.
--
Mike Nolan

Old January 8th 07, 02:33 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

The posting by Sevan Muradian clearly was a solicitation for funds.
Here is, in part, what he wrote:

posted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:24 pm

There was no tone used Mike. I asked a question. Maybe some USCF member
will see the posting, see that the USCF said we don't have it in budget
and open up their personal check book and finance the team. If I did it
through an email others wouldn't know about it.

Old January 8th 07, 02:44 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Here is, in part, what he wrote:

posted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:24 pm

There was no tone used Mike. I asked a question. Maybe some USCF member
will see the posting, see that the USCF said we don't have it in budget
and open up their personal check book and finance the team. If I did it
through an email others wouldn't know about it.

This idiot Sevan is bidding for the US Women's Championship. I don't
trust him because he has too much money. I want to see him banned for
life for kicking me off the forum. He can join Erik Anderson in
Starbucks.

Old January 8th 07, 09:24 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess
Jah Jah is offline

My translation: Ah, new data for my legal-system
lottery!

Aren't you the bright one!

Old January 10th 07, 09:11 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

samsloan wrote:
Jah wrote:
My translation: Ah, new data for my legal-system
lottery!

Aren't you the bright one!

This idiot Sevan is bidding for the US Women's Championship. I don't
trust him because he has too much money. I want to see him banned for
life for kicking me off the forum. He can join Erik Anderson in
Starbucks.

Sam Sloan

AF4C is out! Sevan Muradian from Chicago is the new sponsor of the US
Championship! You heard it from me first!