Old January 7th 07, 06:18 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess

Default My friend Beatriz defends me

I do not agree with applying a penalty based on a new rule that its
being implemented retroactively.

The phrase Nulla poena sine lege (Latin: "no penalty without a law")
refers to the legal principle that one cannot be penalised for doing
something that is not prohibited by law. This principle is accepted as
just and upheld by the penal codes of virtually all modern democracies.
It is related to the principle called "Nullum crimen, nulla poena sine
praevia lege poenali", which means penal law cannot be enacted
retroactively.

Of course, here we are not discussing a penal law but I think that the
principal still valid.

Beatriz Marinello

Beatriz, Leroy Dubeck and I are on the same slate. We will defeat
Schultz and his puppets. I knew Beatriz would come through for me.
We're real tight now.

Old January 7th 07, 03:22 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess

samsloan wrote:
[...]

My goal before August is to pop Marinello's cherry.

Sam Sloan
USCF Executive Board Member