Old January 7th 07, 10:19 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

Default Are all satisfied with GetClub Chess.

Now the GetClub Chess has been improved a lot and I feel everyone is
satisfied with it's game play.

Is there still anything left out that you do not like playing at
GetClub Chess.

Here are the Basic improvements made at
http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html

1. Game speed improved
2. Game thinking & analysis increased
3. Site is made more userfriendly go see the styles.
4. Game follows all rules correctly.

Still END GAME needs improvement it thinks a lot in End Game still
makes weak moves. Anyone has any suggestion on how to improve the End
Game will be appriciated.

If you want any changes let me know. I want it to be liked by atleast
90% visitors playing chess at GetClub.

10 % will always have problems because of their slow computers or
inefficient OS/ Browsers. they should upgrade their systems. Or do not
open many sites atonce and always start new game in new browser (or
refreshing it may work.).

Bye
Sanny

Old January 7th 07, 10:22 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

One more thing how many would like to play it offline by downloading
the game if response is good we will create a offline version also. But
ratings will not be given for those games.

So you can play without internet connection also.

Bye
Sanny

Old January 7th 07, 11:42 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

Sanny wrote:

[...]

Generally speaking, the single biggest issue is simply
playing speed, which has the stronger players unwilling
to move up to the more advanced levels, where they
might start to be tested a bit.

In my opinion, the program has improved considerably
over time, and is now playing an interesting game, apart
from what you said about the endgame still being weak.
(Naturally, nothing you and your IM4 team can do will
ever cause the program to give geniuses like myself any
worries, though. ;D)

-- help bot

Old January 7th 07, 05:23 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

Sanny wrote:
Now the GetClub Chess has been improved a lot and I feel everyone is
satisfied with it's game play.

You are incorrect.

Is there still anything left out that you do not like playing at
GetClub Chess.

Here are the Basic improvements made at
http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html

1. Game speed improved

Game speed still too slow

2. Game thinking & analysis increased

Game play still too stupid

3. Site is made more userfriendly go see the styles.

Site still ugly, garish, and annoying.

4. Game follows all rules correctly.

Game does not observe self-imposed and advertised time limits.

My most recent game ended when the program apparently fell into an
infinite loop (it ran for 23 hours - on one move, in a completely lost
position - before I terminated it)

Still END GAME needs improvement it thinks a lot in End Game still
makes weak moves. Anyone has any suggestion on how to improve the End
Game will be appriciated.

There is no point in improving the END GAME unless and until you can
handle simple things - like moving the pieces correctly,

If you want any changes let me know. I want it to be liked by atleast
90% visitors playing chess at GetClub.

Enforce time limits (on both humans AND the program)

10 % will always have problems because of their slow computers or
inefficient OS/ Browsers. they should upgrade their systems. Or do not
open many sites atonce and always start new game in new browser (or
refreshing it may work.).

Liar.

Bye
Sanny

Kenneth Sloan
Birmingham, AL 35294-1170
http://www.cis.uab.edu/sloan/
Old January 7th 07, 06:27 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer
Ron Ron is offline

In article om,
"Sanny" wrote:

Here are the Basic improvements made at
http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html

1. Game speed improved
2. Game thinking & analysis increased
3. Site is made more userfriendly go see the styles.
4. Game follows all rules correctly.

As Kenneth pointed out, all of the above are still areas of catastrophic
weakness. The game is too slow, too weak, the site is ugly and
amateurish, and the game still struggles with some basic rules
(specifically concerning promotion and check).

-Ron

Old January 8th 07, 12:47 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

I strongly disagree with the previous posters. The technical problems
with Sanny's site are trifles.

By far the most annoying thing is Sanny's relentlessly enthusiastic and
hyperbolic promotion of a third-rate website. He is almost as annoying
as psychopath Sam Sloan.

Sanny, try to understand this: if your site was any good it would grow
rapidly by word-of-mouth. You have a very long way to go before that
happens.

Old January 8th 07, 09:53 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

Default Nomorechess is satisfied but not all.

Here are the Basic improvements made at
http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html

1. Game speed improved
2. Game thinking & analysis increased
3. Site is made more userfriendly go see the styles.
4. Game follows all rules correctly.

Nomorechess has finished 131 Games at GetClub without much problems.
And he is the best player with highest rating. Can anyone beat him.

He has played with Beginner, Easy & Normal Levels and is able to finish
most of the games.

So I feel other players who complain, should play recorded game. So
that if they find any move wrong they can show the recorded game where
mistake was made.

It is very difficult to understand weaknesses without seeing the
recorded games.

So always play recorded games So that you get ratings and we know
actual strength of the game.

I and my friends get beaten by it's beginner level easily. So I feel
others too will find beginner & Easy levels difficult.

I am happy to find GetClub.com Chess playing much better than earlier.

Bye
Sanny

Old January 8th 07, 10:25 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

2. Game thinking & analysis increased

Game play still too stupid

Could you show me recorded games where you are winning due to it's
stupid moves. If we get a recorded game played by you and you point out
Move 35 was wrong due to xxxxxx reasions We may remove the errors and
in future you will get better games.

Play recorded game at: http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html and show it's
mistake.

Beginner Level is not good opponent for strong players. So try playing
with Easy & Normal. They will take a little longer but give you great
challenges to win and also we can see any mistake or time trouble you
get while playing recorded games and remove them.

Bye
Sanny

Old January 8th 07, 10:36 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

Sanny wrote:

Here are the Basic improvements made at
http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html

1. Game speed improved
2. Game thinking & analysis increased
3. Site is made more userfriendly go see the styles.
4. Game follows all rules correctly.

Nomorechess has finished 131 Games at GetClub without much problems.
And he is the best player with highest rating. Can anyone beat him.

I think one of the reasons we keep seeing postings in
which a complainer whines about some problem yet it
cannot be verified, is the fear that the program may in
fact have been improved such as to approach the strength
of many commercial chess programs. Thus, a poster
might play an unrecorded game knowing that if he wins,
and wins quickly, he can come here and brag/complain,
without the risk of having a loss, draw, or titanic struggle
recorded at GetClub where others can see it.

The truth is, many of the posters on this forum are
very strong players, and ought not to worry so much
about protecting their delicate egos from a bruising by
computers. Sanny's program is still well short of any
commercial chess program I know of, so rest at ease.

Not too long ago, the program had a flaw in the sense
that a dishonest (IMO) player could simply disconnect
when losing, and the game would disappear, whereupon
he could then try anew. This was corrected, however,
and now things are a bit tougher, and we have seen that
there are few who have been able to make a big plus
score, especially when you consider that some of the
posters here have multiple identities at GetClub.

I wouldn't exactly say that nomorechess is "satisfied",
however. The game's speed of play is still such that it
can be difficult to complete even a single game in one
day -- except on the weakest levels. Nevertheless, even
these weaker levels do provide a bit of entertainment, if
not a real challenge.

Unlike the harsher critics of Sanny's confounded
contraption, I enjoy the fact that I am not doomed from
the start, having faced-off against a machine which can
calculate millions of variations in a few seconds. I enjoy
being able to out-calculate the machine at tactics, yet
having to be careful not to blunder severely, else suffer
the consequences. For me, this very nearly mimics the
situation where I would be playing an average, human
opponent! The key difference is in the openings, where
an average tournament player might well be booked up
quite deeply, while Sanny's program is nearly certain to
do something odd early on. And again, I find this to be
a challenge, for when the program does something I am
not familiar with, I must work out what is wrong and how
best to exploit it. I am not able to rely upon any by-rote
memory of book moves, but am put on my own quite
early -- and this I see as a good thing. Okay, and
winning most of my games "brilliantly" may also be a
factor worth considering.

-- help bot

Old January 8th 07, 08:08 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

help bot schrieb:
Sanny's program is still well short of any
commercial chess program I know of, so rest at ease.

That's a bit like saying a broken kick scooter is well short of any
Ferrari.

Here's a challenge: there are numerous free chess programs available on
the net. Find one, which is weaker than Sanny's!

Greetings,
Ralf