Old January 18th 04, 07:34 PM
ChessliB

Default eBooks - Chess analysis

We are proud to introduce chess downloads known as e-books.
Several books will be published weekly to our new members area.
While we configure our servers for member login you can download
free samples from: www.chesslib.no

-af-

Old January 18th 04, 07:52 PM
Noah Roberts

ChessliB wrote:
We are proud to introduce chess downloads known as e-books.
Several books will be published weekly to our new members area.
While we configure our servers for member login you can download
free samples from: www.chesslib.no

I think that site needs some help, I can't find things on it. The way
your menu is centered makes it very difficult to tell where one product
begins and ends. Fonts don't seem to indicate this, but there are many
different sizes, which adds to the difficulty. I just now found the
ebooks off to the right; I was writing this notice to say they wheren't
there.

NR

Old January 19th 04, 07:32 PM
ChessliB

"Noah Roberts" wrote in message
ChessliB wrote:
We are proud to introduce chess downloads known as e-books.
Several books will be published weekly to our new members area.
While we configure our servers for member login you can download
free samples from: www.chesslib.no

I think that site needs some help, I can't find things on it. The way
your menu is centered makes it very difficult to tell where one product
begins and ends. Fonts don't seem to indicate this, but there are many
different sizes, which adds to the difficulty. I just now found the
ebooks off to the right; I was writing this notice to say they wheren't
there.

NR

The eBooks have been downloaded 4047 times since published,

so I believe they are there. J

You are right about the fonts - that is a problem with browsers that

can't read the css-file. If you are on Linux/Unix etc. using a

decent browser there is no (?) problems with:

BODY, TD

{

font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;

font-size:10pt;

It is time to do a little cleaning - thank you for the reminder.

Best regards and good chess.

-af-

Old January 19th 04, 09:33 PM
Noah Roberts

ChessliB wrote:

[...]

* net-www/mozilla
Latest version available: 1.5-r1
Latest version installed: 1.5-r1
Size of downloaded files: 29,153 kB
Homepage: http://www.mozilla.org

Basically I have the latest of the best.

NR

Old January 20th 04, 07:42 AM
arild fredriksen

"Noah Roberts" wrote in message news:buhih4

The eBooks have been downloaded 4047 times since published,
so I believe they are there.
You are right about the fonts - that is a problem with browsers that
can't read the css-file. If you are on Linux/Unix etc. using a
decent browser

* net-www/mozilla
Latest version available: 1.5-r1
Latest version installed: 1.5-r1
Size of downloaded files: 29,153 kB
Homepage: http://www.mozilla.org

Basically I have the latest of the best.

NR

I use Mozilla 1.5, - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.5)
Gecko/20031007 and have no problems. Anybody else have this problem?

-af-

Old January 20th 04, 08:01 AM
Noah Roberts

arild fredriksen wrote:
"Noah Roberts" wrote in message news:buhih4

The eBooks have been downloaded 4047 times since published,
so I believe they are there.
You are right about the fonts - that is a problem with browsers that
can't read the css-file. If you are on Linux/Unix etc. using a
decent browser

* net-www/mozilla
Latest version available: 1.5-r1
Latest version installed: 1.5-r1
Size of downloaded files: 29,153 kB
Homepage: http://www.mozilla.org

Basically I have the latest of the best.

NR

I use Mozilla 1.5, - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.5)
Gecko/20031007 and have no problems. Anybody else have this problem?

-af-

There is no problem. Just a less than optimal choice of fonts and the
way everything is centered. There is no obvious higherarchy.

Anyway, this is way OT. I was just thinking that the site could be more
effective than it is and letting the author know that I had a tough time
finding the eBooks. It isn't that they are hidden or hard to see, just
not obvious and their placement puts them outside the area you would
normally look.

NR