Old January 14th 07, 02:21 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Default Classic game commments in Chessmaster

My kid has CM 9000 and was looking at some classic games that come with
it.
I'm not sure if the options are set up correctly, but there is only a
brief comment shown on each game as opposed to analysis of every move
(as I've seen in most good chess books). Is this available in CM or do
we need to get some other game package?

Thanks
Mark

Old January 18th 07, 12:40 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

wrote:
My kid has CM 9000 and was looking at some classic games that come
with it.

I'm not sure if the options are set up correctly, but there is only
a brief comment shown on each game as opposed to analysis of every
move (as I've seen in most good chess books). Is this available in
CM or do we need to get some other game package?

I've never used ChessMaster but my recollection of what others have
said is that most of the games have only very light annotations, if
any at all.

Books are probably still the best place to go for quality analysis.
Depending on your child's level, something like Chernev's `Logical
Chess Move by Move' or `The Most Instructive Games of Chess Ever
Played' would be a good place to start.

Dave.

--
David Richerby Perforated Beer (TM): it's like
www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~davidr/ a refreshing lager but it's full
Old January 20th 07, 10:45 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

David Richerby skrev:
wrote:
My kid has CM 9000 and was looking at some classic games that come
with it.

I'm not sure if the options are set up correctly, but there is only
a brief comment shown on each game as opposed to analysis of every
move (as I've seen in most good chess books). Is this available in
CM or do we need to get some other game package?

I've never used ChessMaster but my recollection of what others have
said is that most of the games have only very light annotations, if
any at all.

If I remember correctly, these games are simply a simple PGN file that
has been incorporated into CM for years. I even think the filename said
something about "4K", implying that they were originally included with
Chessmaster 4000, although others may correct me on this.

But if you have CM9k and you are looking for chess games with more
insight and spoken commentaries, you should look no further than the
Josh Waitzkin games, which are also included.