Old January 20th 04, 03:47 AM
JVarsoke

Default [TB] 6man - KRPvKRP ?

Are all six-man tablebases complete?

Where can I download KRPvKRP

Doesn't seem to be part of Hyatt's collection.

-j
Old January 20th 04, 04:31 PM
Anders Thulin

JVarsoke wrote:
Are all six-man tablebases complete?

No.

--
Anders Thulin http://www.algonet.se/~ath

Old January 20th 04, 04:42 PM
Robert Hyatt

JVarsoke wrote:
Are all six-man tablebases complete?

No. You will know they are all done when you see a total space
requirement of 1.0 terabytes.

Where can I download KRPvKRP

Doesn't seem to be part of Hyatt's collection.

That's because it hasn't been done yet...

These things are huge and they take a lot of time to produce.

-j

--
Robert M. Hyatt, Ph.D. Computer and Information Sciences
University of Alabama at Birmingham
Old January 20th 04, 11:24 PM
JVarsoke

Robert Hyatt wrote in message ...
JVarsoke wrote:
Are all six-man tablebases complete?

No. You will know they are all done when you see a total space
requirement of 1.0 terabytes.

That's because it hasn't been done yet...

These things are huge and they take a lot of time to produce.

is there a webpage where the progress on the 6-man can be monitored?

btw: thank you for hosting what is complete.

--
-j
Old January 21st 04, 01:23 AM
JIAW

I read the other day that a firm was getting ready to sell a 1TB HD that can
be yours for a mere $2000.

Dr. Hyatt probably has a line item in his budget at UAB enabling him to pick
up one of those babies. I, however, would have to knock off a liqour store
or two. Then there is the wife...It ain't gonna happen.

I'm just amazed that we have to capabilities to produce these things at all.

Old January 21st 04, 02:19 AM
Robert Hyatt

JVarsoke wrote:
Are all six-man tablebases complete?

No. You will know they are all done when you see a total space
requirement of 1.0 terabytes.

That's because it hasn't been done yet...

These things are huge and they take a lot of time to produce.

is there a webpage where the progress on the 6-man can be monitored?

btw: thank you for hosting what is complete.

--
-j

Not that I know of. I could probably add it to my own faculty web
page...

Old January 21st 04, 02:40 AM
JIAW

That would be interesting, Dr. Hyatt. Personally, I'd also be interested in
knowing how long it took to generate each file.

Old January 21st 04, 07:38 AM
Derek Wildstar

"JIAW" wrote in message
news:[email protected]

That would be interesting, Dr. Hyatt. Personally, I'd also be interested

in
knowing how long it took to generate each file.

I generated both krbkrn and krnkrn (b+w) in approx 8 hours on the equivalent
of a 3G desktop PC with 512M ram.

Both files compress to about 16.7M.

8 hours for 2 6-man tables is prohibitive, I suspect there will be a much
better way in the future.

Old January 21st 04, 10:51 AM
David Richerby

JIAW wrote:
I read the other day that a firm was getting ready to sell a 1TB HD that
can be yours for a mere $2000.

That's very droolworthy. :-) On the other hand, you could get four 250Gb
discs for well under half the price and either spread the files across
them or use software to present them as a single logical volume. The main
problem I can see is how to back up 1Tb of tablebases -- you really don't
want to have to download them again!

Dave.

--
David Richerby Chocolate Boss (TM): it's like
www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~davidr/ a middle manager that's made of
Old January 21st 04, 03:44 PM
Robert Hyatt

JIAW wrote:
That would be interesting, Dr. Hyatt. Personally, I'd also be interested in
knowing how long it took to generate each file.

I am not sure Eugene keeps that data. Also he is generating them on
a 4-cpu 64 bit machine, so his times would not be very comparable to
"normal hardware."