Old January 16th 07, 06:36 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.analysis

Default New release of ChessDB database

I've put a new release on the Sourceforge web site. There is both source
code and a Windows executable.

I've put them in a package called 'unstable-for-testing' since I have
not fully debugged this release. It is a *lot* better than the alpha one
I released a week or so ago,.

Get it from:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...roup_id=184864

A list of the changes is at:
http://chessdb.sourceforge.net/changes/#3.6.12-beta-1

The main feature which are improved are connected with downloads from TWIC
http://chessdb.sourceforge.net/tutor...-retriveal.php
(which now work under Windows or UNIX) and with checking the revision of
the software.

http://chessdb.sourceforge.net/tutor...e-revision.php

You should now be able to quickly tell if you have the latest release,
whether it is a stable release, and whether there are any 'beta' releases.

A lot more of the user messages are now in the language files, so
translations should be better (if someone will do the translations of
course). Any help with that appreciated.

CVS is updated and tagged to this release, although it implies the 116th
Jan, which I think is a bit odd, but I don't know how to change the tag.
Its probably not worth worrying about anyway, as the version is there
and the CVS will tag the date correctly.

Let me know of any problems. I hope to make another beta release then a
stable one in the near future. But for now I am keeping it as beta,
until I am sure it is almost bug free.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW OF ANY BUGS AND COMMENTS YOU HAVE

Dave

--
Dave (from the UK)

It is always of the form: