Old January 21st 07, 07:54 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

Default Great Success at last to GetClub.

At last GetClub got great success in controlling the time. Beginner
Level is too fast for a quick game.

And also now the Strength of the Game has been improved. Each level
will play stronger than before.

Strong players were asking for more strength in the game as they win
easily so it was descided to increase level of smaller levels to that
of higher level to satisfy strong players need. Weak player can play
with Beginner & Easy Level only and they will be beaten by them easily.
Strong players may test Normal & Master Level. I am sure they will give
good challenge to even strong players. But they will think a lot.

Beginner will play as it used to in 10-20 seconds. (For average
players, Me and my Friends)

Easy will play like Normal Level 1-2 min/ move (for strong players like
Nomorechess, Bonsai, Richard etc)

Normal will play like Advance Level 5-10 min/move. (For tournament
Players like Taylor Kingston, Bob, Chrisf, Zebediah etc)

Master Level will play much deeper and think a lot 1/2 hr / move Only
for the Deranged and those who have lot of time.

Bye
Sanny

Old January 21st 07, 08:09 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

Sanny wrote:

At last GetClub got great success in controlling the time. Beginner
Level is too fast for a quick game.

Huh? Too fast for a quick game -- what does that mean? Was
even Sanny and friends beating the program on Beginner level
after the speed-up?

And also now the Strength of the Game has been improved. Each level
will play stronger than before.

This somehow rings familiar. (chuckle)

Strong players were asking for more strength in the game as they win
easily so it was descided to increase level of smaller levels to that
of higher level to satisfy strong players need. Weak player can play
with Beginner & Easy Level only and they will be beaten by them easily.
Strong players may test Normal & Master Level. I am sure they will give
good challenge to even strong players. But they will think a lot.

Beginner will play as it used to in 10-20 seconds. (For average
players, Me and my Friends)

Makes sense.

Easy will play like Normal Level 1-2 min/ move (for strong players like
Nomorechess, Bonsai, Richard etc)

(chuckles) Richerby is a strong player now?

Normal will play like Advance Level 5-10 min/move. (For tournament
Players like Taylor Kingston, Bob, Chrisf, Zebediah etc)

Okay.

Master Level will play much deeper and think a lot 1/2 hr / move Only
for the Deranged and those who have lot of time.

Redundant; you already mentioned nomorechess under the Easy
level, remember? And here you left off a nearly-an-IM, though how
much time he has is not entirely clear.

-- help bot

Old January 21st 07, 11:37 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

Sanny wrote:

And also now the Strength of the Game has been improved.
Each level will play stronger than before.

Now apply a good random move generator
and your GetClub game will improve
dramatically still further.

Wlod

Old January 22nd 07, 07:03 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

help bot wrote:
Sanny wrote:

At last GetClub got great success in controlling the time. Beginner
Level is too fast for a quick game.

Huh? Too fast for a quick game -- what does that mean? Was
even Sanny and friends beating the program on Beginner level
after the speed-up?

It's speed is up but strength is ok.

And also now the Strength of the Game has been improved. Each level
will play stronger than before.

This somehow rings familiar. (chuckle)

That's why GetClub game strength is increasing every 1 \ 2 months.

Beginner will play as it used to in 10-20 seconds. (For average
players, Me and my Friends)

Makes sense.

Easy will play like Normal Level 1-2 min/ move (for strong players like
Nomorechess, Bonsai, Richard etc)

(chuckles) Richerby is a strong player now?

A rough estimate only. Now there are so many players I do not remember
name of each player.

Normal will play like Advance Level 5-10 min/move. (For tournament
Players like Taylor Kingston, Bob, Chrisf, Zebediah etc)

Okay.

They have enough time to play Normal Level.

Master Level will play much deeper and think a lot 1/2 hr / move Only
for the Deranged and those who have lot of time.

Redundant; you already mentioned nomorechess under the Easy
level, remember? And here you left off a nearly-an-IM, though how
much time he has is not entirely clear.

Are you IM ??? then what's your FIDE rating?

Bye
Sanny

Old January 22nd 07, 07:06 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

And also now the Strength of the Game has been improved.
Each level will play stronger than before.

Now apply a good random move generator
and your GetClub game will improve
dramatically still further.

Wlod

It's no JOKE try a game with Easy / Normal Level and see for yourself
how good it is playing.

Bye
Sanny

Old January 22nd 07, 05:00 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

Sanny wrote:
And also now the Strength of the Game has been improved. Each level
will play stronger than before.

Beginner will play as it used to in 10-20 seconds. (For average
players, Me and my Friends)

Easy will play like Normal Level 1-2 min/ move (for strong players like
Nomorechess, Bonsai, Richard etc)

Normal will play like Advance Level 5-10 min/move. (For tournament
Players like Taylor Kingston, Bob, Chrisf, Zebediah etc)

Master Level will play much deeper and think a lot 1/2 hr / move Only
for the Deranged and those who have lot of time.

Giving the benefit of the doubt to the people working on this project, I
went and played a game. With the computer taking 10 seconds per move, I
won easily. I am only an OK chess player. There is no way I am going to
spend my time playing against a computer that takes more time than this
just to make decent moves.

"Normal" play takes 5-10 minutes per move? With the availability of high
quality free chess computer programs out there, I can't believe anyone
would waste their time at this site.

Lastly, the interface was terrible.

Loomis
Old January 22nd 07, 05:10 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

"Loomis Philanthrope" wrote in message
Sanny wrote:
[...]

You liked it then ? :-)

Regards

Old January 22nd 07, 05:53 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

Sanny wrote:
And also now the Strength of the Game has been improved.
Each level will play stronger than before.

Now apply a good random move generator
and your GetClub game will improve
dramatically still further.

Wlod

It's no JOKE try a game with Easy / Normal Level and see for yourself
how good it is playing.

Bye
Sanny

OK - I'm playing a game right now. Beginner Level (10-20 seconds per
move). Many, many, many of the moves have taken longer than 100
seconds. A very clever twist is the way the program stops its clock,
announces (I moved my Rook. My healthy rook.) - BUT DOES NOT DISPLAY A
NEW BOARD POSITION for another minute or two, or three.

And now...the position is:

White: Kg7, Rf8, Ne7, Pd6, Pg6, Ph7
Black: Kb5, Rh5

"Thinking on King (10). Time: 1808 Seconds."

That's a half hour! At "10-20 seconds/move"!

Anyone care to place a bet on when (or if) the program will ever move?

--
Kenneth Sloan
Birmingham, AL 35294-1170
Old January 22nd 07, 06:16 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

Kenneth Sloan wrote:

And now...the position is:

White: Kg7, Rf8, Ne7, Pd6, Pg6, Ph7
Black: Kb5, Rh5

"Thinking on King (10). Time: 1808 Seconds."

That's a half hour! At "10-20 seconds/move"!

Anyone care to place a bet on when (or if) the program will ever move?

Time: 3224 Seconds

--
Kenneth Sloan
Birmingham, AL 35294-1170
Old January 22nd 07, 06:20 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

Terry wrote:
"Loomis Philanthrope" wrote in message

Lastly, the interface was terrible.

Loomis

You liked it then ? :-)

No, it was garbage. I did not like it. My recommendation to anyone
considering going there, save your time, find another outlet for chess.

Loomis