Old January 23rd 04, 02:35 PM
David Richerby

Default RIDICULOUS crossposting and how to STOP it

Originally mis-posted to rec.games.chess.computers; corrected.

Harold Buck wrote:
I'm not naiive enough to believe that this post is going to stop the
people who insist on posting to every chess group. But what if--every
time we notice it happening--we reply to the message, trim the groups
it's posted to appropriately, and then include the message "CROSSPOST
LIST TRIMMED" at the top?

Please don't do that unless you actually have something to say in your
followup. Just posting to say `You posted to the wrong group' would be
incredibly irritating.

rec.games.chess.computer seems reasonably free of this problem, too. Most
posts seem to go to either just .computer or all three of .misc, .analysis
and .politics.

Dave.

--
David Richerby Technicolor Beefy Game (TM): it's like
www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~davidr/ a family board game that's made from
Old January 23rd 04, 04:14 PM
Euc1id

I asked Sam Sloan to stop crossposting his political comments here, and he
did. Politeness may help when making such a request. As for the other NGs
that you crossposted to, I've removed them from this reply because I seldom
visit them.
--
Euc1id