Old January 29th 07, 07:32 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Default TascBase 2.1 - a presentation

I felt the need to document this excellent chess database, TascBase 2.1,
before it is forgotten. A presentation with screen shots can be found he
http://hem.passagen.se/melki9/tasc21.htm

Regards,

M. Winther

Old January 30th 07, 05:24 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Den 2007-01-30 15:42:42 skrev kris :

It is a very nice gui!

But, a pity, no new engines can be used.

Kris

It is true. On the other hand, The properties of The King 2.55 can be
altered,
like how it values mobility, space, etc, including contempt, piece values,
passed pawn values, etc. These personalities can be stored, so, in effect
one can achieve very many playing styles.

Mats