Old January 25th 04, 01:37 PM
Fis2

Default Shredder 8 and Deep Fritz 8

In order to install both programs on a single machine.

Wich program must I install first? or it's the same?
Any differences in 3D possibilities?

Are they the same program with different engine?

Can I install just one of them and then the other engine?

Thanks

Old January 25th 04, 03:04 PM
Euc1id

I presume that they are probably essentially the same "program" (GUI,
Graphic User Interface), just different engines. If so then the following
should be true - although I don't have the Deep Fritz 8 GUI to test, just
the Shredder 8 GUI.

Either GUI will run all CB (Chessbase) engines, so it doesn't matter which
one you install for your future operational use.

However if you don't have their engines already, you will have to install
each one to get them. Save a copy of the engines. Then install whichever GUI
you prefer for your future operational use. Then copy the engines into the
engines folder.

Since Shredder 8 is the latest GUI from CB, I would be inclined to install
that one for the final setup. But it shouldn't matter.

I don't know about 3D possibilities - never use it.
--
Euc1id

0...

Old January 25th 04, 03:28 PM
Fis2

Thanks.

I'll do it.

Deep Fritz 8 engine on engines folder of Shredder 8.

"Euc1id" wrote in
ink.net:

Old January 25th 04, 04:29 PM
Yves Surmont

afaik, you can simply install the two programs.
Maybe is better to install the oldest first, and then on top of it, the
newer one - they will both install chessprogram8 in the same folder under
the Chessbase folder. Then, when you go online to their chess server,
chances are that you are prompted to install upgrades from their
internetserver. So anyhow, you end up with the most recent software.
CU

--
http://users.pandora.be/yves.surmont/comp.htm
"Fis2" schreef in bericht

Old January 26th 04, 02:55 PM
Thomas T. Veldhouse

On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 15:04:54 GMT, "Euc1id" wrote:

I presume that they are probably essentially the same "program" (GUI,
Graphic User Interface), just different engines. If so then the following
should be true - although I don't have the Deep Fritz 8 GUI to test, just
the Shredder 8 GUI.

Either GUI will run all CB (Chessbase) engines, so it doesn't matter which
one you install for your future operational use.

However if you don't have their engines already, you will have to install
each one to get them. Save a copy of the engines. Then install whichever GUI
you prefer for your future operational use. Then copy the engines into the
engines folder.

Since Shredder 8 is the latest GUI from CB, I would be inclined to install
that one for the final setup. But it shouldn't matter.

I don't know about 3D possibilities - never use it.

How do you install the engine (from say Fritz 7 & 8) without going
through the formal install? I have Fritz 7, 8 and Shredder 6, 7 and 8
is on the way ... I would like all of the engines installed, but I
don't want to have to setup each and every one of them if I can help
it.

Tom Veldhouse

Tom Veldhouse

Old January 26th 04, 04:04 PM
HD

Check the custom install function at the CD's, an try to select only
what you wish (mainengine). This should reduce the time spend.

HD

Old January 27th 04, 10:22 AM
HD

Thomas T. Veldhouse skrev:

HD wrote:

Check the custom install function at the CD's, an try to select only
what you wish (mainengine). This should reduce the time spend.

HD

I have yet to try it, but is it possible to not install the GUI? I
would be surprised if there is not a "minimum".

- --

Thomas T. Veldhouse

There's surely a minimum if the install should have effect, but if
already have a GUI version installed, you can unsellect programfiles,
books and database, while chosing "modify" in the installmenu.

HD