Old February 1st 07, 05:16 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess

Default My endorsement of Don Schultz and slate

I am convinced. Don Schultz has posted a good 150 word statement.

Vote for him.

Sam Sloan

PS I will post mine in a few minutes.

Ever since I took office last August, I have fulfilled or tried to
fulfill every campaign promise I made. I have tried to determine why
the USCF lost two million dollars in past years. I have exposed
payments made by board members to their political allies. I have in
most cases (but not in all cases) stopped wasteful expenditures. Most
importantly, I have opened the doors to the inner sanctum and exposed
political deals and secrets which are not secret anymore.

Tremendous efforts were made to stop me from taking the office to
which I had been elected. Efforts have been made to censure me, to
reprimand me, and to recall me. Big bucks are going to be spent this
year to stop me from being re-elected, and for good reason. It is up
to you, the voters, to decide whether you want to return to the
politics of secrecy, whether you want the door that I have opened to
be slammed shut again.

The delegates, in their wisdom, have voted to give me 100 words to
explain my court case in Virginia. I have eight children. One of them
is Shamema, whom many of you met when I used to bring her to
international chess tournaments. When Shamema was eight years old, she
was kidnapped by persons unrelated to us and taken to Virginia. When I
came to Virginia to try to rescue my kidnapped daughter, I was
immediately arrested, tried and convicted of attempted abduction of my
daughter.

Please vote for our slate: Don Schultz, Mike Goodall, Joe Lux and Sam
Sloan. We can accomplish so much more than Polgar and her pips. Don
and I successfully got rid of Tanner, AF4C and now we're going after
the Kasparov Chess Foundation. We need 4 more years to do this. Vote
for the old guards to keep things as is. We don't need any changes. We
have the endorsements from Dr. Leroy Dubeck and Beatriz Marinello.